Topshop Shoes

That would be lovely...if only they'd sell them online and if were comfortable as well! as a US resident, I haven't been able to shop at topshop, really, but when I went there, I liked it. :smile: (but I don't know much about the quality of their shoes)

the best. got some amazing black crystal slippers for work!

some of my best shoes are from the oxford circus branch-ballet slippers, gold pointy greican flats, burgundy moccasins, so im definitely going to visit once they open in London.

Topshop shoes look cheap imo.. that's maybe because cheap materials are used most of the time. They are manufactured in factories in Vietnam and China. The shoes in the collection look real cute most of the time but it's still very very expensive for such quality. You can get similar models (+handmade and Italian) for the same price or even less. Even Zara has better quality shoes, I can tell..

Originally posted by Derin@Aug 14 2004, 12:26 AM
Topshop shoes look cheap imo.. that's maybe because cheap materials are used most of the time. They are manufactured in factories in Vietnam and China. The shoes in the collection look real cute most of the time but it's still very very expensive for such quality. You can get similar models (+handmade and Italian) for the same price or even less. Even Zara has better quality shoes, I can tell..
[snapback]331357[/snapback]​

agreed, but some are great. all the leather ballet slippers or some of their vintage like heels.. i usually only wear choo but topshop got cute stuff :wink:

Too bad topshop doesn't ship internationally. I love their stuff!

Originally posted by Derin@Aug 13 2004, 11:26 PM
Topshop shoes look cheap imo..
[snapback]331357[/snapback]​

no way!!! lol .. I'd always thought that 'topshop shoes' were basically Faith .. hmm but then again, i couldn't use my card with faith...

Anyways, I love topshop and can't wait to see what sorta shoesies they have! :heart:

here are a few photos i took of Topshop shoes a while ago........

Attachments

• topshop1.jpg
    topshop1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 41
lastly.....

Attachments

• topshop4.jpg
    topshop4.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 45
Originally posted by Acid@Aug 17 2004, 10:26 AM
[snapback]335430[/snapback]​

Do those say Nine West? That is a popular brand here in the US. I have a few pairs. The quality can vary. I like the styles most of the time though.

I hate Top Shop!!!!!! Especially the Oxfrd Circus branch! Phew, makes me feel dizzy just thinking about it.

Imagine 4000 s ft crammed with overcrowded rails, (half the clothes on the floor), teenagers playing with cosmetics & wigs and cheap jewellery, barriers at the tills for checkout with a queue halfway round the store, annoying "dance" music, need I go on?!

If I go shoe shopping, the experience has to be a bit more pleasurable than that!

well miis E, 80% of topshop's sales are to under 20 girls so......
thats to be expected

I know!! But so many people I know in their mid-late 20's and even some in their 30's LOVE Top Shop and buy the majority of their wardrobe there and I can't understand the appeal.

The magazines would have you believe it's full of Vogue editors running aroun d picking up that little lookalike Chloe belt. It's not! It's teenage hell :ninja:

Originally posted by Miss Elaneous@Aug 17 2004, 10:10 AM
I know!! But so many people I know in their mid-late 20's and even some in their 30's LOVE Top Shop and buy the majority of their wardrobe there and I can't understand the appeal.

The magazines would have you believe it's full of Vogue editors running aroun d picking up that little lookalike Chloe belt. It's not! It's teenage hell :ninja:
[snapback]335477[/snapback]​

Hey, I can't agree more.. And once again for the guys living in a country which does not have Topshop; there's no reason to wonder at all.. I perfectly know their manufacturing process. There's nothing special about Topshop.. Very poor quality, high prices..! Shoe fanatics should know the material difference. Of course it's fast-fashion and you don't have to live with your shoes forever..but it's still expensive.

i have to agree...the quality is the same as h&m...but the prices are much higher...why is that?...like urban outfitters...

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 20 2004, 12:34 AM
i have to agree...the quality is the same as h&m...but the prices are much higher...why is that?
[snapback]338879[/snapback]​
Because they can.

Originally posted by Derin@Aug 17 2004, 03:32 PM
Hey, I can't agree more.. And once again for the guys living in a country which does not have Topshop; there's no reason to wonder at all.. I perfectly know their manufacturing process. There's nothing special about Topshop.. Very poor quality, high prices..!  Shoe fanatics should know the material difference. Of course it's fast-fashion and you don't have to live with your shoes forever..but it's still expensive.
[snapback]335849[/snapback]​

I think the latest shoe collection is reasonable quality for the price, ok the stuff they sell (cheap ballet shoes etc.) which is displayed on hangers is all from China and isn't great, but the new heeled stuff is from the same resources as other UK high street stores (Europe and Vietnam), but is a bit cheaper. If you are from outside of the UK it might seem expensive, but clothing and shoes are all more expensive in the UK, particularly compared to the USA , its the difference in buying power (the USA is a third of the worlds market, the UK isn't!) and import duty and taxes (generally quite high here in the UK).

Of course they are not designer shoes - they don't have a leather lining and sole for instance, but most TopShop customers neither want nor can afford designer shoes and I think TopShop have done a very good job with their new range and its absolutely on trend!

Edited to add: H & M.'s buying power is massive compared to TopShop - they have 1000's more stores, and thats reflected in the price - the more stock you buy, the less one item costs.

Urban Outfitters is almost double the price of the US here in the UK, I was in there yesterday, (new Oxford Circus store) and I saw a cotton camisole top for £22 ($39.54) - you'd expect to pay £10 or £12 in Topshop and £7 in H&M. Personally I think Urban Outfitters quality is alot worse than TopShop.

Just to add: I've owned clothes from both TopShop and Urban Outfitters and the UO stuff has always literally fallen apart. They seem to get a lot of their clothes made in India, out of fabric that appears to have a lot of faults in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->