Travel Guide : Egypt

Rochas

Reaction score
I'm planning on going on a trip to Egypt in a few months. I'm going to Cairo, and doing a Nile cruise and visiting all the famous sites.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before, or has any experiences, stories, or pictures they'd like to share of their Eygptian venture. B:(flower:

It is my dream to visit Egypt someday. Sorry; I have no tips or stories, but I just wanted to say that. :blush:

I went to Egypt when I was 12 and it was a wonderful experience.

You have to visit Abu Simbel. I had to pay extra for that, but it is worth it. You should spend more time in the Nile cruise than in Cairo, so you can visit more cities, temples and ruins.

I went to Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Kom Ombo, Philae, Abu Simbel and I don't remember right now if I went to more places, but you'll surely enjoy your trip :smile:

I was in Egypt last year for a little over than a week. I loved it.

We stayed at a hostel in Cairo, and really had planned to stay in Cairo for the entire week--but the owner of the hostel set us up on a tour that took us all over Egypt for around $450-meals, lodging, transportation-everything included. We started in Cairo, saw Aswan, Luxor, took a bus down to Abu Simbel (definitely a must see if you have the time!), and then went out to Hurghada on the Red Sea before going back to Cairo for a few days.

Like I said, my friend and I really hadn't planned on travelling all over, so we were glad to have gone to this hostel where everything was set up for us. I think it's the best way to see Egypt-we never would have ventured off on our own to do a lot of the stuff!

It's an amazing place to visit. Riding a camel out by the pyramids at sunset was one of my favorite memories. Also the Nile cruise at night was great. Cairo is one of the craziest/busiest cities I've ever been in-I loved it. I can't wait to go back.

I can send you a link to my facebook album from Egypt if you'd like. Do you know where you're staying? My hostel was cheap-I think $6 a night, but really nice-and the rooms were huge-clean, etc.

Have fun! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pietrobundchen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->