Traveling with expensive luggage

Discussion in 'Handbags' started by KissenKatja, Feb 19, 2009.

1. tinnabell

tinnabell New Member

Handlers are scarily rough with luggage! I made the mistake of buying a Hideo Wakamatsu hard-shell in white(so adorable! so great! so sturdy! so easy to clean!), and when it was too heavy to take on my international flight, I had to check it in. Biggest mistake ever! When I got to the carousel to pick it up, it was scuffed, scratched, and DENTED?! You have no idea how sad that made me. I love luggage and traveling in style, but now I'm really terrified of ever having to check in a bag again.

2. Street_a_Licious

Street_a_Licious Active Member

seriously, carrying huge designer monogramed bags at the airport is basically just asking to be mugged.

Balenciaga Weekender or Courier as a carry-on. Samsonite suitcases to check in. voila. no worries.

3. modern jap

modern jap New Member

Perfect bag for traveling in style
    bluebee.com
    [​IMG]

#24 modern jap, Feb 21, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Feb 21, 2010
  4. closettherapy

closettherapy New Member

I've seen LV luggage on the beltway custom fit with a clear, plastic cover. I thought it was hilarious until I realized it would suck to get a gash in the canvas. I agree with most here -- I would never check in expensive luggage. I'd probably keep to carry-ons.