Ubah Hassan

Neiman Marcus The Holiday Book
UbahHassanTheHolidayBookNeimanMarcus2010.jpg
UbahHassanTheHolidayBookNeimanMarcus20104.jpg

UbahHassanTheHolidayBookNeimanMarcus20103.jpg
UbahHassanTheHolidayBookNeimanMarcus20102.jpg

neimanmarcus.com

I really like Chanel/Sessilee/Joan, but c'mon THIS is a supermodel. The star potential is huge for her to be the face of luxury brands and commercial giants like VS. She has that quality in front of the camera that I refer to "if Liya were sexy."

I agree with you for the most part(I do really like Sessilee & Arlenis alot too,although I wouldn't know if they are the personality types)...this woman really is something else. I really enjoy seeing her in my folks Macys catalogs but she does deserve more! I always think why is she there instead of other places but hopefully something is done before its too late.

I really like Chanel/Sessilee/Joan, but c'mon THIS is a supermodel. The star potential is huge for her to be the face of luxury brands and commercial giants like VS. She has that quality in front of the camera that I refer to "if Liya were sexy."

I wouldn't put Chanel in the same sentence as any of those models (no offense to Chanel fans).

I put her in that sentence because I was referring to black models that I like. Anyways, Ubah is in the newest issue of Italian Vogue!

Photos by Ellen von Unwerth

Vogue Italia '"Tribute to Black Beauties"'

fashionbombdaily.com/vogue.it​

Vogue Italia May 2011
"Tribute to Black Beauties"
Ph. by Ellen von Unwerth

m13047677918919022.jpg
m13047677918919027.jpg

Invisible Beauty Launch with LVMH
Invisible Beauty is a proposed documentary that tells the story of black fashion models and their relationship to the fashion industry. This documentary will be upbeat and fast-paced, showing the glamour associated with the fashion industry and all that it attracts. It will include both celebrities and image-makers.

Between the 1940s and 2000, the black fashion models image has revealed itself, yet only from time to time has it actually made an impact. Is the lack of black fashion models on runways and editorial pages of leading fashion magazines due to racism, ignorance or economics?

Some of the most beautiful and exotic women in the world will tell their life experiences in the world of fashion, starting with Dorethea Towles, who went to Paris and in the 1950s and worked in the cabine for Christian Dior, Schiaparelli and Balmain. It will go on to include Helen Williams (a top model in the early 1960s), Beverly Johnson, Grace Jones, Pat Cleveland, Naomi Sims, Iman, Veronica Webb, Naomi Campbell, Tyra Banks, male model Tyson Beckford and many others each providing insights and a better understanding of what the public sees in magazines and on television. These glamorous and not so glamorous stories will bring us to Alek Wek, Oluchi, and Liya, the current black faces accepted by the fashion design world today.
more http://www.chambamedia.com/bourne_pages_11.04/development_docs/invisible_beauty.html

iman9.jpg

theybf.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->