UK Elle April 2018 : Alicia Vikander by Norman Jean Roy

I give up! It's pointless to hope for a remotely great shot of her on magazine covers. Even Norman Jean Roy oof all people got it wrong. Yes, the styling is a bit much, but it's her pose and expression which actually muck everything up here.

Still think her Vogue cover shot by Sims is the best to date.

Vikander has yet to find her angles. And she's worked with the best. I dont get it :huh:

She’s wearing the same jacket/top on her new Hunger magazine cover, and it’s a much better photograph!

Whatever her cinematic merits, she's not photogenic enough for fashion magazines, and they haven't helped things by dressing her up as a girl playing a boy in a production by an amateur dramatics group.

What really annoyed me about the previous issue was the way the main coverline couldn't be read against the actual shot - the impact was lost due to a confusion of lines and colour. I feel the same thing is happening here.

Yet this edition started out so well with its art direction, so they definitely have the ability to produce stunning covers. Does that come unstuck when they're forced into reusing content from elsewhere, as with the Margot Robbie shoot? Or is this original content gone very wrong?

Those fonts remind me of Vogue Paris circa 2007.

Not liking this at all. The western look doesn't work for her, and her expression is all sorts of odd.

wth is this?! is that layout for real?
the pose is too weird for the cover imo...

She’s wearing the same jacket/top on her new Hunger magazine cover, and it’s a much better photograph!
Yes,it's a better cover shot. Rankin is the photographer.
I don't dislike the editorial,by the way.

Whatever her cinematic merits,she's not photogenic enough for fashion magazines, and they haven't helped things by dressing her up as a girl playing a boy in a production by an amateur dramatics group.

What really annoyed me about the previous issue was the way the main coverline couldn't be read against the actual shot - the impact was lost due to a confusion of lines and colour. I feel the same thing is happening here.

Yet this edition started out so well with its art direction, so they definitely have the ability to produce stunning covers. Does that come unstuck when they're forced into reusing content from elsewhere, as with the Margot Robbie shoot? Or is this original content gone very wrong?
I have to disagree that she's not photogenic. Her covers and editorials for Porter,The Edit,Vogue UK,just to name a few,were very good. Ironically,some of her pre-2015 fashion editorials were better than her recent high-profile covers.
Vikander has a beautiful expressive face,they just need to let her.. be. And I'm saying this as someone who likes some of the overly photoshopped shots in the last Vogue issue. I've just seen her photos for Madame Figaro and they illustrate my point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever her cinematic merits, she's not photogenic enough for fashion magazines, and they haven't helped things by dressing her up as a girl playing a boy in a production by an amateur dramatics group.

Also don't find her photogenic at all, and we'll see no end to this torture because she just so happens to be the face of LV. What many people forget is that celebrities have more creative liberties when it comes to fashion shoots. I highly doubt whether a photographer can demand the same level of posing or expression from them as they do with models. That's why I'm growing impatient with Alicia and her dud shoots. What's with her expression in the preview shots?

And agreed about the art direction! I doubt they'd change it so fast if the response to it was good, so maybe people didn't like it. Either way, it's disappointing.

Alicia-_Vikander-_ELLE-_UK-_April-2018-_Fashion-_Louis-_Vuitton-_Tom-_Lor.jpg

tomandlorenzo, gotceleb

Someone needs to give this girl a modeling lesson asap. I can tell that she's trying, unfortunately she isn't getting it.

COWGIRL
Photographer: Norman Jean Roy
Stylist: Anne-Marie Curtis
Hair: George Northwood
Make-Up: Kelly Cornwell
Model/Celebrity: Alicia Vikander

UK Elle Digital Edition

↑ Alicia (on the Covers) wears Louis Vuitton Spring RTW:

vogue.co.uk/shows/spring-summer-2018-ready-to-wear/louis-vuitton/collection

SUPER SHINE
Photographer: Meinke Klein
Stylist: Joanna Schlenzka
Hair: Philippe Tholimet
Make-Up: Naoko Scintu
Model: Iris Landstra

UK Elle Digital Edition

WILD ONE
Photographer: Michael Sanders
Stylist: Benedetta Dell’orto
Hair: Leon Gurman
Make-Up: Jodie Boland
Model: Zuzu Tadeushuk

UK Elle Digital Edition

ZOOM
Photographers: Frankiewicz & Rozniata
Stylist: Donna Wallace
Hair: Adam Garland
Make-Up: Lillie Russo
Model: Luca Adamik

UK Elle Digital Edition

In person her expression is ever weirder. If her face was better I wouldn't mind it so much, it does stand out on the newsstand quite nicely and I love the monochrome.

Once again it's another issues that's only bundled with Cosmopolitan where I am. You can't buy it without it unless you opt for the travel size.

She looks like a model in real life yet never really takes a good shot

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->