UK Elle April 2024 : Margaret Qualley by Tom Schirmacher

Margaret Qualley's more recent magazine shoots seem to be selling a casual 'I didn't even brush my hair for this' image.

Not a fan of "not giving a f*ck" covers - when things are low-effort, why should I care?

I'd say French Elle does it better, except her French Elle cover was just the same.

Margaret Qualley's more recent magazine shoots seem to be selling a casual 'I didn't even brush my hair for this' image.

Not a fan of "not giving a f*ck" covers - when things are low-effort, why should I care?

I'd say French Elle does it better, except her French Elle cover was just the same.
She’s always styled the same in the most boring Chanel pieces

Much prefer this over last month's Lashana Lynch cover! This feels more quintessential Elle and perhaps because this reminds me of something Elle France is capable of, is the reason I'm so into this. All of this works for me - the fact its Margaret Qualley, the Chanel, the layout, the use of the pale green. Might be tempted to get this.

Much prefer this over last month's Lashana Lynch cover! This feels more quintessential Elle and perhaps because this reminds me of something Elle France is capable of, is the reason I'm so into this. All of this works for me - the fact its Margaret Qualley, the Chanel, the layout, the use of the pale green. Might be tempted to get this.
Last month was naomi

Last month was naomi

Shows how much of an impression Noami's cover left on me... completely forgot about it!

Kenya Hunt posted the following cover and described it as a subscribers cover. Are they back?

And it’s annoying because she’s beautiful, really good as an actress with the ability of convey so much emotion and a professional dancer.. you’d think these creative teams would know what to do with such a nice cocktail that you usually cannot get from your regular model (zero notion of performing arts) or even an actress (limited looks) and exploit it but it’s more like ‘let’s undo and stay safe’. If looks was all she’s selling, these ‘here’s my face’ shots would work but there’s more to her that they’re just wasting and it shows in these shoots.

Coming back to the thread to rave about good this looks sat on the shelves - even more so when placed alongside the eyesore that is FKA Twigs on British Vogue! It's bright, bold, clean, eye-catching and really sings alongside its competitors.

I love how fresh and simple the cover is. I'll always prefer a magazine cover with the cover subject just being there and looking good and pretty, instead of an over-emphasized art direction that tries to send a message or tell some story.

HAPPY AND CAREFREE
Photography:
Tom Schirmacher
Styling: Patricia Villirillo
Hair: Kevin Ryan
Make-up: Tyron Machhausen
Model/Celebrity: Margaret Qualley

elle.com/uk

EARTHLY DELIGHTS
Photography:
Stef Galea
Styling: Aurelia Donaldson