UK Elle March 2023 : Emma Corrin by Ruth Ossai

ChicSaks

Reaction score
Press-Reader-Press-Reader-ELLE-UK-Wednesday-March-1-2023-Page-1.jpg

cover-story5-1675242397.jpg

cover-story2-1675242551.jpg

cover-story4-1675242136.jpg

elle.com/uk

I expected something worse so I'm (a bit) relieved. Not extremely inspiring but my eyes whisper a tiny little yes.

That shot with the red underwear is horrible. Awful styling.

I don´t like the styling and specially hate the hair...

This is quite ugly. The hairstyle makes her look like a chicken and the styling is appaling.

Getting some Ghost In The Shell vibes, and nothing else

Saw this in Tescos earlier, it seemed to be less than 200 pgs.

Maybe in the minority but I love the simplicity of both

I do too! It's something different for her plus the colours are really quite gorgeous.

Everything about the guy's cover is unfortunate. From the poor posture to the poor fit.

Surprised that it was shot by Ruth Ossai whose entry into fashion was very political. Glad we've finally reached a stage in fashion where it's the work that matters, not the 'narratives'. At least if they want to have a place in mainstream fashion media.

Flicking through it online, it's 182 pgs. Any type of urchin look doesn't personally appeal to me, but this cover does stand out on the shelf. And despite whatever is happening in the media world, the magazine unmistakably still resembles itself, both in terms of its fashion presentation and the mood of its articles.

Standing in the store, I dismissed the issue, but on second look, if UK Elle did a Vogue and priced itself at £2, I would have bought this issue, I'm mildly intrigued, part of me wants to support it, and aside from the recent Adele cover, I haven't bought the magazine in ages. But I wouldn't pay £4.99 for something that doesn't speak to me, long gone are the days when I would have indiscriminately bought a March/September issue, because even if I didn't like the main editorials, the adverts and all the other sections would have made up for it.

Horrid, absolutely horrid cover. Most definitely doesn't speak to me either, @[B]tigerrouge[/B]. Far too drab, dreary and lifeless for my liking - especially for a March issue. The hair is awful, the composition is horrendous and I'm starting to believe Emma Corrin just cannot photograph well. Ugh!

Another Vikander case? She's pretty but this kind of style seems it doesn't make justice to her natural beauty, and looks like she did it herself (it always looks like that) and not a fashion editor. But well, if she loves to dress like this or whatever she feels, I can't judge about it. It's her choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->