UK Elle August 2014 : Cheryl Cole by Ben Morris

Out of all the designers and collections they could of chose from they had to go and put her in this basic a** outfit. Plus the jacket is a little to heavy for a july cover.

Horrible cover, i don't get it why her is pay more attention to appear on the magazine covers. Is for her contact with L'Oreal?

I think the L'Oreal contract helps somewhat but it's more than likely down to the fact she's rejoined XFactor. It's one of the biggest shows in the UK in terms of ratings and she sells really, really well for magazines.

I imagine this is why they've released the cover early and the site even has a 'pre-order' option. Usually it's just advanced warning to subscribe but you can pre-order the newsstand copy it looks like on their site.

The "HER UNTOLD STORY" tag line is making me gag a little.

Horrible cover.
Cheryl is the proof a pretty face does take you a long way, since she has absolutely nothing else to offer.

it's like the result of lighting-test shot, rather than the usual shot.

I'm more disappointed over the fact Elle were going on about Cheryl's cover for weeks, saying we were in for a shock and Cheryl just looks how she always does. We've seen her photographed countless times with 60s styling. I always disliked full-length covers. There's no denying her face looks fantastic here, once you zoom in up close. She looks like anyone from afar, so will be interesting to see how much buzz this issue gets.

i think this cover actually had potential. it's a nice change of pace from the cleaner femme, studio cover shots UK ELLE usually favors.

they seemed to have made an effort to create an 'edgy' cover, composition and design wise with the gritty street scene but didn't quite get make it.

some of the text, image interactions is much more thoughtfully laid out and aired out than many US editions. i like the school bus yellow type. the cover lines are at least issue specific.

i still know next to nil about this woman and this cover certainly doesn't do her any favors nor even inspire me to wana google her.

she's kinda channeling ursula andress here, no? the leopard jacket is swallowing her up but i do like her pants ^_^

out of curiosity why is the price crossed out?

If the magazine comes in a multi-pack, the price is crossed out like that. For instance, each month I buy a multi-pack of UK Elle, Bazaar and Red for £5.99, instead of paying around £4 for each issue separately.

You don't get the free gifts in the combined pack, but I often don't have much use for them anyway, I'd rather save the money on the cover price.

Has anyone received subs issue and can post a cover? I'm curious how it looks :mrgreen:

The issue is out on the newsstand now. It comes with a nice set of skincare products from Malin + Goetz. I was almost tempted to buy for that alone. The issue looked pretty thin.

Can't wait to see Cheryl's ed, I'm sure there was a photo more suitable for the cover.

Harder Better Faster Stronger
Photographer:Ben Morris
Celebrity:Cheryl Cole
Stylist: Anne-Marie Curtis

worlmags.com

She's a pretty girl - which is what magazines are made of - but this nonsense is just part of the Simon Cowell publicity machine, in association with L'Oreal.

I know everyone who appears on a cover is selling something, but I don't find any of this remotely interesting. I mean, she's selling hair products, and her hair isn't even that great at the moment, it looks like a bunch of synthetic hair extensions bought from a market stall in a shade that's so wrong against her skin. Why not work with her good looks, rather than against them?

New Season Collections
Photographer:Kai Z Feng
Models: Irina Kulikova, Franzi Mueller,Zen, Ragnhild and Josefin Gustafsson.
Stylist: Anne-Marie Curtis
Make-up: Naoko Scintu
Manicure: Emma Welsh
Set design: Sarah May

PART I

worlmags.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic