UK Elle March 2024 : Naomi Campbell by Quil Lemons

Is it me or she didn´t look this plastic-y on the documentary? why do mags keep doing this to her face?!
I find the styling horrible anyway...

Seen purely in terms of present-day modelling, yet another example of a person who's reached that stage of just standing there while the magazine prints their name on the cover.

But absolutely an icon in terms of her career. That exhibition - just imagine the book.

Inside… very lazy lookbook

EXTREMELY LAZY editorial and boring cover.
Besides they retouched her to death...

The styling here is so boring and her face looked stiffer than usual

this ain't it. and her face is weird in almost a realistic silicone face mask way. it's as if she's about to sneeze, but trying to hold it in through mouth-breathing.

lazy cover trying to coast on her name. not working at all.

This is probably I've seen her in ... ever. She looks looks like she underwent a botched nose job and there is no modeling going on. As a model, she's on the same level as a Kardashian at this point, she gets jobs strictly on her name, not because of what she actually produces any longer. Linda E still tries, Gisele still ties, McMenamy tries. Naomi just looks into the camera and that's all.

Photographer: Quil Lemons
Styling: George Medley
Hair: Rio Sreedharan
Make Up: Ngozi Edeme
Nails: Michelle Class
Model: Naomi Campbell

elle.com/uk

I can just imagine the editorial pitch. 'I was thinking this year, let's do something really stripped and classic instead. Let's try and move away from trends' :rolleyes:
Forgetting of course that Elle, more than Vogue and Harper's, is driven by trends at the core. Also forgetting that this cover is supposed to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Naomi's career in fashion ahead of her V&A exhibition. I mean this new batch of photographers is so hellbent on 'paying homage' to classic images, this was the one time where a referential shoot would have made more sense. I wonder what's the excuse again, 'no budget'? Or maybe Naomi will get a Vogue cover for the V&A retrospective in June because it's a massive accomplishment.

This is Elle France-level work, in a quiet winter week when they're going through the motions.

And look at those legs!! why do we have to see them -as someone said- on denim diapers? :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefashionfetishist
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->