UK Elle November 2017 : The Wonder Woman Issue

Beth's cover is just stupid... Susan is just so gorgeous... love the one with Ashley... Alek usually gives best natural smiles but here it feels a little bit restrained but I still love it...

Elise's ed is the best! So gorgeous. Too bad she didn't get a cover.

ELISE :heart:
I want a clear explanation from Elle UK on why they haven't given her a cover. That last shot would have been good!

Disappointed Gal Gadot didn't get a Wonder Woman cover too! But I love the new Elle so I'm happy.
I think Elise does have a cover too as there's a section inside about what they're all wearing on the covers and she's there.

What is the world coming to, when you're reprinting FROM German Elle, the magazine that uses years-old reprints for its own front covers?

The British probably postphoned the shoot from October to November but German Elle decided to run it in its October issue anyway (international editions always know what's to come in the bigger editions and can demand/buy material).
I remember Elle Serbia once reprinted Anja Rubik from Elle France, the French never published it, so reprint became the first to appear.

LOVED Alek's interview and the conversation between Susan and Kiernan, as well. Really fabulous women. Thank you so much for posting the scans!

The British probably postphoned the shoot from October to November but German Elle decided to run it in its October issue anyway (international editions always know what's to come in the bigger editions and can demand/buy material).
I remember Elle Serbia once reprinted Anja Rubik from Elle France, the French never published it, so reprint became the first to appear.

That's very tacky of the Germans to do that! I mean, you'd think they're able to afford their own material. Elle Germany is not such a small edition, and the shoot imo is nothing special.

Wasn't planning on buying this because I couldn't get Alek or Susan's covers but it was only £2 in WH Smith so I got it. This magazine has improved vastly since the new EIC/redesign, could do with a little work to the written content though..still, its nice to see a magazine with a clear direction and focus, particularly nowadays

I have the digital issue with Ashley´s cover, anyone has the others in HQs?

could do with a little work to the written content though.....

This is already a bit of a problem for me, and I think it will get worse with stylists in charge of women's magazines. I bought the single copies of Cara and Rihanna and not in multi-packs to make my sale count, but I don't think I'll do it going forward. What we always had over other editions was well-conceived and written features. It seems we'll have to sacrifice that for great fashion imagery and art direction, and it's coming at a time when people in general seem to be reading less.

At least there's still Justine!

Wasn't planning on buying this because I couldn't get Alek or Susan's covers but it was only £2 in WH Smith so I got it. This magazine has improved vastly since the new EIC/redesign, could do with a little work to the written content though..still, its nice to see a magazine with a clear direction and focus, particularly nowadays

The issue is only £2 in my part of the UK too, but I cheated and bought a copy with one of those Cosmo multi-packs so Ashley's cover wouldn't come with the obnoxious £2 unremovable label. Cost me £4.70 but I'm not bothered.

Elise Crombez is a much welcomed sight inside the issue. I also continue to love the magazine's redesign as it starts to develop that one step further with each issue. The magazine suddenly feels so glossy, modern and relevant now, I'm definitely going to keep buying and look forward to what's next!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->