UK Harper’s Bazaar February 2020 : Victoria Beckham by Ellen Von Unwerth

ALL clothes and makeup is VB (apart from some shoes)

In real life it looks like someone shot it on their iPhone. It’s not sharp at all.

One can tell Justine is no longer there! You have Victoria on the cover, who I don't think she particularly cared for (certainly don't recall her getting a cover under Justine). And then there's the overall image which harks back to the Lucy Yeomans era with that design. It may have worked back then, but in 2020 it looks painfully generic.

I'll wait to see where they go with the direction, but so far it doesn't bode well.

Thanks for this advance sight of the cover.

I didn't buy the previous issue, although I did read it online via my library, and while the interim editor is holding true to the general outline of what we've come to expect from Justine Picardie's Bazaar, the polish has gone. There isn't the same superb attention to detail, and I expect this issue to be the same.

Victoria looks fine on the cover... but she also looks like she's sitting on the floor of a waiting room in an office, which could be a dentist or a dermatologist. This isn't expensive glamour - it looks more like a try-hard Instagram post.

It's shot by Ellen Von Unwerth.
VB only works with a handful of photographers so I'm guessing this is who was free from her list?

It's shot by Ellen Von Unwerth.

Explains the criminal 'facetune' type retouching around her face. At least it's not gaudy and cheesy, I suppose it could have been worse.

the issue in the shops is VERY pink in colour.

I don’t think being on the cover of all the magazines and being on every beauty YouTuber’s page or TV shows is going to save her brand.
Maybe going back to the sexy dresses, raising the design level and shift to a contemporary price point is a better strategy.

She looks beautiful, love the dress, but this does look dated, wow, i am having such a Lucy deja-vu!! But I doubt this will be the future direction of the magazine, they need to appoint an actual EIC,not a stand in! But in the meanwhile this makes sense, and this will sell at the newsstands! VB is always a good choice for a dead month because she will shift you copies.

Is the sub cover different?

If you don't give her a glamorous treatment, she just ends up like a local TV presenter. Still, I can't say I'm hating the cover.

Interesting she was happy with a Feb cover.

Looks like a very advanced Cosmo cover.

The newsstand cover seems like it might have been nice for Valentine's Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vangoghsear
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->