UK Harper’s Bazaar February 2020 : Victoria Beckham by Ellen Von Unwerth

Not into this, despite the vast departure from Justine Picardie’s aesthetic and the magazine’s new choice in cover photographer (although perhaps Von Unwerth was at Victoria’s request). The cover images are just too harsh for my taste, very over-saturated but I am willing to reserve judgement until some final images of both covers surface.

Ellen Von Unwerth and HB UK... what a weird combination. One photographer known for quirkinesses and one magazine visualised by cheesy glamour.

I don’t think being on the cover of all the magazines and being on every beauty YouTuber’s page or TV shows is going to save her brand.
Maybe going back to the sexy dresses, raising the design level and shift to a contemporary price point is a better strategy.

Her brand is 34.7 Million pounds in debt. Losses last year were 12.5 Million pounds. However she's paying herself millions of dollars each year out of the company in the form of dividends and salary. I don't know how long this can continue. Maybe she's hoping that the new cosmetics line will be a hail-mary infusion of cash into the company.

Maybe the cover story will touch on these issues - but i doubt it.

So not the fashion team of Bazaar styled this? OMG!!! This is so sad

In The Driver's Seat

Photography: Ellen von Unwerth
Styling: Cathy Kasterine
Hair: Ken Paves
Make-up: Wendy Rowe
Manicure: Toni Jade
Cast: Victoria Beckham

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

Freshly Picked

Photography: Agata Pospieszynska
Styling: Charlie Harrington
Hair: Leigh Keates
Make-up: Natsumi Narita
Model: Julia Banas

Pastels

Photography: Josh Shinner
Styling: Florrie Thomas
Hair: Yoshi Miyazaki
Make-up: Natsumi Narita
Model: Carla Pereira

This magazine is starting to look like a replacement for Marie Claire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vangoghsear
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->