UK Marie Claire January 2017 : Elizabeth Debicki by Jesse Laitinen

edenL

Reaction score
Elizabeth Debicki by Jesse Laitinen for Marie Claire UK, Jan 2017.

Marie Claire UK digital edition & marieclaire.co.uk

I was looking at this earlier, and wondering if this magazine wants to go out of business.

Don't get me wrong - I like it when a magazine tries something different, but if you don't remember to make your changes seem appealing, you're shooting yourself in the foot. 'Redesign' isn't a magic word that makes everything better than it was.

are they taking the p*ss? I think they are trying to be MC Italia... but come on, this isn't appealing at all and these fonts are just ugly... It is still a mainstream magazine and needs to have some sort of commercial appeal...

I like that they put her in a model situation, she has the looks of a model -- tall, lean, unconventional beauty :heart:

i would love to know theyre recent sales figures... anyone?

Elizabeth Debicki was just about the best thing about The Great Gatsby, imo. Absolutely smitten with her in that movie, that jawline! :wub:
But this is not great at all, and it certainly won't sell her to the British public. Marie Claire should stop with this direction, it won't push their numbers up. The layout looks too niche, and their cover subjects are just as niche. The death bell beckons for them, if you ask me.

I mean surely it's ironic this is the 'hair special' and her hair is an absolute mess on the cover?

I would love to know the approval process on these covers.
Does the editor, art director and publisher all look at this and think its genuinely really good and will sell and appeal to their reader?

I find it hilarious how they're clearly "borrowing" Marie Claire France's new look, but somehow they manage to look 100x more unappealing than Marie Claire France.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->