UK Vogue April 2024 : FKA Twigs by Johnny Dufort

264 Pages
From the looks of US Vogue's cover lines, the Ayo, Bella and Lila stories are all repeats, and the preview for Vogue Italia's next issue featuring Bella is the same shoot here too.

Heart Strong
FKA Twigs by Johnny Dufort
Styling by Ib Kamara
Story by Chioma Nnadi
12 pages (inc title page and article)

The Enchanted April
Lila Moss and Louis Baines by Daniel Jackson
Styling by Tabitha Simmons
14 pages (inc title page)

Louis, actually
Louis Partridge by Jen Carey
Styling by Honey Sweet Elias
Story by Riann Phillip
4 pages (inc article)

Long Story
Bella Hadid (and a horse) by Zoe Ghertner
Styling by Alex Harrington
12 pages (inc title page)

Season to Taste
Ayo Edebiri by Angelo Pennetta
Styling by Jordan Bi
Story by Riann Phillip
8 pages

Into the Light
Billie Piper by Olivia Arthur
Styling by Harry Lambert
Story by Giles Hattersley
6 pages (inc article)

+

Vogue Asks: Lenny Kravitz
A Picture of Health
(article on hypochondria by Elle Hunt)
Shopping Special (Liv Walters by Matt Healy)

Last edited:
Depressive review... So many reprints in (not so) big issues. Thank God we still have D, M Le Monde, W...

Zendaya's not in this issue, but she was on the teaser video that they uploaded last week. Does this mean she's going to appear on the May issue instead?

I *think* the shot people thought was Zendaya (the cover shot of the Instagram Reel?) is actually an image of a model named Shivaruby which is in the beauty section.

Depressive review... So many reprints in (not so) big issues. Thank God we still have D, M Le Monde, W...
So true! These magazines bring excitement and anticipation for me.

No print copy yet, but I'm looking through the digital...

I get why the editor herself would see this as a "homecoming" issue, but for me, it's the homecoming of someone I didn't know was away.

I see in her editor's note that she talks of being "eager to look beyond our capital and tell the style and culture stories unfolding in all corners of the UK". A magazine that bears a nation's name but only ever concentrates on London can turn into a superficial tourist brochure. We know that people flow to London to make the city what it is, but the source, the inspiration, the stories - they started elsewhere.

Robin Muir's one-page "Now & Then" section looks at Martin Parr, as he launches a new book "Fashion Faux Parr", apparently it's his 135th book. His single cover for UK Vogue was that one during covid that had the sheep (and sheep sh*t) on it.

The Lila Moss in a Surrey garden is a bit UK Bazaar - these days it's great to see any Vogue editorial that was shot on location, and it provides a nice contrast to the Bella story following afterwards. In any edition that's full of other studio-shot editorials, the Bella story will feel like sitting through page after page of blandness.

Billie Piper looks great, it's a pity the feature is so short and shoved at the back. Given that she's gone from teenage pop star to working for decades as a successful actress, you could have got a cover story from it.

In terms of my own tastes, I don't expect much glamour from an April issue, that's not what the month is about. This issue feels fitting. Spring-summer in the UK can be a casual time of year. When autumn starts coming closer, and the clothes start getting serious, that's when any absence of glamour will feel wrong. You could probably set your clock for my whinging to start with the August issue.

can someone post the editor’s letter? The magazine have a new layout/art direction?

HEART STRONG
Photography:
Johnny Dufort
Styling: Ibrahim Kamara
Hair: Louis Souvestre
Make-up: Thom Walker
Model/Celebrity: FKA Twigs

UK Vogue Digital Edition

THE ENCHANTED APRIL
Photography:
Daniel Jackson
Styling: Tabitha Simmons
Hair: Anthony Turner
Make-up: Petros Petrohilos
Models: Lila Moss & Louis Danes

UK Vogue Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
SEASON TO TASTE
Photography:
Angelo Pennetta
Styling: Jorden Bickham
Hair: Sondrea "Dre" Demry-Sanders
Make-up: Yadim
Model/Celebrity: Ayo Edebiri

UK Vogue Digital Edition

Masthead

Editor's Letter

UK Vogue Digital Edition

THE ENCHANTED APRIL
Photography:
Daniel Jackson
Styling: Tabitha Simmons
Hair: Anthony Turner
Make-up: Petros Petrohilos
Model: Lila Moss

UK Vogue Digital Edition
+ male model Louis Danes

I like Lila and Bella, but sadly aren't original contents.

Lila Moss's pages is very Teen Vogue, or some Japanese teen faashion magazines who only use white model lol

Ordinary Couture; stringy hair; awkward posing & facial expression & climbing on top of a cab make for a pretty basic concept - it’s embarrassing.
Just a another nail in the coffin of print media.
When are they going to learn a cover is about promoting capitalism/ consumerism!!!!

It’s probably because the magazine rack is no longer relevant, and covers alone are probably not what entices new readers anyway, but the new editors of the major editions of Vogue really cannot put together a decent cover. FKA Twigs is a great choice for the cover/main editorial but the choice of photographer is a problem: Johnny Dufort’s style of photography doesn’t really lend itself to a publication like Vogue UK, not unconstrained anyway.

So Sarah Harris is still on the magazine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->