UK Vogue January 2024 by Charlotte Wales

I had a quick flick through the digital copy before my print one arrives. A positive thing I could say is that the mood throughout the magazine is consistent - the energy and even the overall colours of the content are all on the same level.

Emma Watson, not a fan, will not be happy if her cover is inflicted on me, I don't want to read about how she's left acting behind - it's more likely that acting has left her behind - there appears to be no mention of feminism in her feature, she must have abandoned that like a bad job, but of course, she's all about sustainability now, and always has been. I can't be too harsh, she's a person who had a role that's provided her with f*ck-off money for life, and being in that position might turn the best of us into being an inconsistent bullshitter, just because we can.

Amber's editorial wouldn't be out of place in UK Bazaar. I'm very taken with one image in the Water Front, where the wave is breaking in the background as she sits at the table in front of the window. There's more of a sense of narrative in that shoot.

I'm not surprised in the slightest to see this sat on shelves for £2 in Tesco earlier. To expect someone to part with £3.99 for such a dull and vapid issue would've been an outright crime!

EARTHY PLEASURES
Photography: Charlotte Wales
Styling: Poppy Kain
Hair: Eugene Souleiman
Make-up: Kanako Takase
Model/Celebrity: Emma Watson

UK Vogue Digital Edition

THE WORLD AT HER FEET
Hair: Shingo Shibata
Make-up: Kanako Takase
Model: Amber Valletta

UK Vogue Digital Edition

FROM THE GROUND UP
Hair: Sarah Jo Palmer
Make-up: Janeen Witherspoon
Models/Designers: Kayako Higuchi, Abény Nhial, Shivaruby Premkanthan, Tolu Coker, Priya Ahluwalia & Torishéju Dumi

UK Vogue Digital Edition

THE WATER FRONT (The textless images will be posted in the Vogue España January 2024 thread)
Photography: Lachlan Bailey
Styling: Kate Phelan
Hair: Shiori Takahashi
Make-up: Petros Petrohilos
Model: Karolina Spakowski

UK Vogue Digital Edition

NIGHT VISION (Reprint from Vogue China November 2023. Edward, darling, what the f*ck has happened to you?!!)
Photography: Ned Rogers
Styling: Alvin Yu & Dena Giannini
Hair: Evanie Frausto
Make-up: Min Kim
Model: Shalom Harlow

UK Vogue Digital Edition

"The Water Front" editorial makes this a must-have issue for me. Beautiful!

MOST LIKELY TO
Photography:
Samuel Bradley
Styling: Harry Lambert
Hair: Mari Ohashi
Make-up: Rebecca Wordingham
Models: Maty Fall, Abrar Mohamed, Aylah Peterson & Celina Ralph

UK Vogue Digital Edition

I loove The Water and Most Likely To! The latter is so fun

TRENDS
Photography:
Will Scarborough
Styling: Eniola Dare
Hair: Kei Terada
Make-up: Ana Takahashi
Models: Diane Chiu & Rolf Schrader

UK Vogue Digital Edition

Said it before, will say it again - cant wait for Edward to leave his Vogue post. So tired of seeing women in such old fashioned way.
Noone dares to criticize because of the race card.
But hey, the dullness era is soon over!
🥂🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

Well said! Also that shot of Karolina reminds me of the old fashioned bottega ad campaign with narratives of couples
I had a quick flick through the digital copy before my print one arrives. A positive thing I could say is that the mood throughout the magazine is consistent - the energy and even the overall colours of the content are all on the same level.

Emma Watson, not a fan, will not be happy if her cover is inflicted on me, I don't want to read about how she's left acting behind - it's more likely that acting has left her behind - there appears to be no mention of feminism in her feature, she must have abandoned that like a bad job, but of course, she's all about sustainability now, and always has been. I can't be too harsh, she's a person who had a role that's provided her with f*ck-off money for life, and being in that position might turn the best of us into being an inconsistent bullshitter, just because we can.

Amber's editorial wouldn't be out of place in UK Bazaar. I'm very taken with one image in the Water Front, where the wave is breaking in the background as she sits at the table in front of the window. There's more of a sense of narrative in that shoot.

It's a cohesive issue yet one-note. Aside from Shalom's editorial (which was borrowed from Vogue China's cover story two months ago),
the fashion stories are somewhat identical to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onetwo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->