Ulrich Knoblauch - Photographer

Zorka

Reaction score
Ulrich Knoblauch is a fashion photographer who regularly shoots for ELLE. In his early twenties he dropped legal studies in pursuit of his more creative side. Ulrich has learnt from the best, working with the likes of Kevin Mackintosh and Marco Grob – jobs that took him from New York to Sydney and many other destinations in between.

ELLE chats to Ulrich about his latest fashion photography exhibition, behind the scenes at Paris Fashion Week S/S 2014:

ulrich-knoblauch2.jpg

1.What is usually the first thing you notice when you step into a room?

Books – or the lack thereof.

2. Has your eye always been quite particular or is this something you have refined over your time?

I think you’re born with a certain talent or a way of seeing things, so it naturally steers you in a particular direction, but as with everything, it needs to be refined and practised over time in order for you to achieve your goals and to stay current.

ulrich-knoblauch1.jpg

3. What is it about the fashion industry that you are drawn to?

The personalities I get to photograph. And the talent – I love watching people create magic with their hands and eyes and the energy they get from it.

4. How do you believe the world of fashion and photography has changed?

It’s become faster moving and in many cases a diluted version of it’s former self.

ulrich-knoblauch4.jpg

5. Is there a specific dialogue that you create with your pictures?

I just want people to feel happy when they see my work. There is so much ugliness in the world and in pictures; I don’t want to be a part of that.

6. Why did you exhibit at Merchants On Long?

I met with the founder Tammy Tinker and we got on like a house on fire. There was just a natural like-mindedness, so it seemed natural to collaborate in some form or another.

ulrich-knoblauch3.jpg

7. What do you hope your exhibition communicates?

Well, I just hope people realise that in the images where the girls’ heads were cropped off that I did that intentionally!

8. What is the one thing you have not snapped that is a must for you?

I won’t say no to the Pirelli Calendar.

There you have it, Ulrich reminds us that not only is fashion for beauty but for fun too.

You can find more of Ulrich’s work at thephotographyissue.tumblr.com

elle.co.za

Marie Claire South Africa July 2014

THE NEW LINES
Photographer: Ulrich Knoblauch
Stylist:Andrea Albertyn
Hair: Fiona Gentry
Make-up: Linda O’Connell
Model: Katryn Kruger

Marie Claire South Africa 07/2014 Digital Edition

Glamour Germany March 2018: Yumi Lambert By Ulrich Knoblauch

COVER STORY

Photographer: Ulrich Knoblauch
Stylist: Veronique Tristram
Hair: Giovanni Giuliano
Make-up: Erika Parsons

Model: Yumi Lambert

Credit: Fashion Gone Rogue (fashiongonerogue.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->