US GQ October 2016 : James Marsden by Sebastian Kim

dfl-001

Reaction score

James Marsden is the World’s Handsomest Man—So Why Isn’t He More Famous?

By Anna Peele
Photographs Sebastian Kim

For one of GQ’s three October cover stories, we took a road trip from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara in a very handsome car (the Porsche 718 Boxster) to stay at a very handsome hotel (the San Ysidro Ranch) with a very handsome actor (James Marsden, the star of HBO’s new dystopian robot theme park drama Westworld). The purpose was twofold: to figure out why someone who should so clearly be a huge movie star isn’t just yet, and to have that dashing man show us how to wear a suit
More at GQ.com

Suit, $650, by J.Crew Ludlow | Turtleneck, $395, by Michael Kors, boots by To Boot New York, pocket square by The Tie Bar, watch by Rolex

Suit, $1,695, by Joseph Abboud | Sweater, $98, by J.Crew, shirt, $325, by Hamilton Shirts, sneakers by Tom Ford, socks by Pantherella

Suit ,$2,190, by Salvatore Ferragamo | Shirt, $268, by John Varvatos, tie, $145, by Eleventy, loafers and portfolio by Tod's, socks by Paul Stuart, pocket square by Brunello Cucinelli, tie bar by The Tie Bar watch by Rolex

Suit, $1,898, by John Varvatos | Shirt, $342, by Etro, tie, $150, by Alexander Olch, pocket square by Thomas Mason, watch by Rolex

source: GQ.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I like James Marsden but it seems a little riduliculous for GQ to hype him up as the next big thing when he's been around forever besides at pretty as he may be I don't recall him every being truly exceptional in anything.

Ha! The title of his interview is exactly what I came in here to say.

I think he's a pretty solid actor in the Brad Pitt mold. But of course, we already have Brad Pitt.

I've always thought he looks a bit like James Franco, less insufferable though. :Pink:. It's all fair and well when you're basically a Disney prince incarnate, but if there's no layers of even a vague degree of intellect, then it's a bit of a waste for me. Also, he, Bosworth and Skarsgard ruined Straw Dogs!

The images are of course easy on the eye, and he looks great in all those suits, especially the first preview. For once I'm totally behind their obsession with suits.

Kurt Russell also has a cover and even though the styling is hideous (denim on denim with a blue coat) it´s great to see him on any cover! :D

Review:

-Kurt Russel, James Marsden & Lin-Manuel Miranda by Sebastian Kim. Covers+features.

-Sasha Lane & Haley Bennett have one image+small article each.

-Fetty Wap by Steven Pan

James Marsden

Digital Edition

James Marsden +1

Fetty Wap +1

Kurt Russel +2

+ Sasha Lane

US GQ October 2016 Digital Edition

It's cool to see Kurt landing a cover. James is someone who I think has always sort of flown under the radar in magazine terms. He seems charming, he's about as capable as any of the other actors of his generation.

I'm really hoping Westworld is good.

Lin-Manuel Miranda by Sebastian Kim

source: GQ.com

I love all three choices, because you normally don't see any of them grace magazines. I hope I get the Lin Minuel of James Marsden one in the mail.

Oh James is always an eye candy for me. I like his cover and his ed is just nice

I really like the cover with James, and his ed. Just flawless. I love when US GQ put well known (and good looking) male celebs and not football or basketball players that only american people know who they are. Amazing choice, they should do it every month. James used to be a model, am I right?

Me three <3

First time seeing articles like this :P Maybe unique to GQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zyasiagrissom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->