US Harper’s Bazaar May 2020 : Demi Lovato by Alexi Lubomirski

Oh yeah, milk those Law Roach fashion contacts girl!

The images are quite pedestrian, but then do we really expect anything more elevated from Harper’s Bazaar?

First cover is absolutely abysmal, don’t have strong feelings, positive or negative, for the second cover.

A tangerine travesty.

If you're appearing a cover, you want to look so damn good that you can convince the world the sun shines out of your ****... but this is Bazaar, where you look really bad and have to settle for it shining from your armpit instead.

A tangerine travesty.

If you're appearing a cover, you want to look so damn good that you can convince the world the sun shines out of your ****... but this is Bazaar, where you look really bad and have to settle for it shining from your armpit instead.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Maybe it's isolation, but I find the colours very pleasing. Like sorbet. But that's all I can abide here, the colours. I don't have much of an opinion on Demi and I don't particularly care for Alexi's work at all. It seems the only times I hear about her is when she's either relapsing or plugging Kate Hudson's fitness line.

What has she done to her face? Wow... Both covers look amateur and the styling and poses are boring, this should have been cut before print. I usually like Alex Lubomirski's work but this is not good.

Here I thought with glenna gone things would change.

Additction, survival... how touching is Demi's headline. If she didn't have all those millions, I'd probably feel sorry for her.

That is NOT Demi Lovato. My goodness. Even the close up shot, I DO NOT SEE HER. She joins Nicole Kidman (Marie Claire) and Renée Zellweger (InStyle) in having unrecognizable covers.

Let's be honest, they tried to hide her weight. She is basically shapeless in the main cover, while on the subscribers' cover, you can see that the sun was used to hide her arms instead of photoshopping it to avoid backlash.

Also, thank goodness she didn't talk about women empowerment. Else, it'll be so funny how she can talk about such topic while rallying behind Scooter.

P.S.: the director still tagged Glenda Bailey. Either he didn't get the memo or last month was not Glenda's last issue.

I think Glenda’s last day as EIC was in early March and I assume most of the content of this issue was produced in February, so likely this was largely her doing but she may have been gone by the time the issue actually closed. If I were her I’d claim the Gigi one as my last, too.

If I were her I’d claim the Gigi one as my last, too.

When you think of it, these are actually such cookie-cutter Glenda covers. You have garish colours, an overly photoshopped pop star, Alexi, and the most generic fashion on your cover. A true reflection of her sensibilities.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a ski edit in this issue that looks fake but was actually hot on location or another blue sky Akrans story.

I never liked Demi -except that "Cool for the summer" song- but they really made her look terrible but what can we expect from the Alexi/Glenda combo.

Clicking into the thread: “Wow these are actually quite pretty. Typical Glenda/Bazaar formula but fresh, colorful, and light for spring. Definitely better than a lot of similar covers they’ve produced.”

Everyone on this website: “This is absolute dookie. I’ve never seen something so abysmal. It’s not fashion and the colors are garish. The cover star is rich therefore her mental health problems can’t be difficult.”

Didn't they do this parachute challenge on ANTM or one of those shows?

Additction, survival... how touching is Demi's headline. If she didn't have all those millions, I'd probably feel sorry for her.

You do realise that mental health has nothing to do with the amount of money someone has, right? Ofcourse someone in Demi her position has better/other resources to get help, but even then- you can be a millionaire and still feel terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
t0nyjh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->