US Harper's Bazaar December 2023/January 2024 : Lana Del Rey by Collier Schorr

^And then throw in the dullness of Samira Nasr's Harper's Bazaar and we have this. Although I will admit, it's not the worst cover Nasr has delivered us. There's just zero joy, life or energy for an issue which will be sat on shelves over the festive holiday season.

The issue is out and looks like there are two Lana covers to choose from (as show above in the forum). The only fashion editorial in the issue is "Winter Mix" shot by Renell Medrano, styled by Marika-Ella Ames. A studio fashion editorial with snow and slopes showing winter outerwear starring models Amar Akway and Naomi Apajok. I think it is visually striking. I love it.

The issue is out and looks like there are two Lana covers to choose from (as show above in the forum). The only fashion editorial in the issue is "Winter Mix" shot by Renell Medrano, styled by Marika-Ella Ames. A studio fashion editorial with snow and slopes showing winter outerwear starring models Amar Akway and Naomi Apajok. I think it is visually striking. I love it.
Only one fashion editorial in a fashion magazine???

Only one fashion editorial in a fashion magazine???
There is other content to read but the only fashion editorial featuring models.

Last edited:
My digital copy is showing 162 pages, and it has the 'Lana standing up' cover. There are a lot of images in the Lana feature, any fan won't feel cheated.

US Bazaar is the sort of magazine that I wouldn't mind if I could subscribe and get 10 issues for £12 - but there's no way I'd pay nearly £12 each time for a single import issue (and I note that newsstand.co.uk doesn't even seem to stock it anymore, yet it's branched out into now having the French, German and Italian versions).

Collier schorr puts out such embarrassing work. Cringe!!!!!!

Samira Nasr does not publish subscriber covers. I subscribe and have only received the newsstand covers. This alternate cover probably appears inside of the issue as always.

For whatever reason Samira broke from her own tradition, because as a subscriber I did receive the second cover.

For whatever reason Samira broke from her own tradition, because as a subscriber I did receive the second cover.
Yes, two cover versions are available on the newsstand.

Literally looking at copies of Lana's cover for £15 plus £18 postage on eBay. I usually buy on newsstand.co.uk but it's like they skipped this issue??

I remember wanting to buy last year's Dec-Jan US Bazaar, but the length of time I had to wait for it to appear as an import issue in the UK, the pre-Christmas mood of the contents was well out of date, so I gave up.

Email newsstand.co.uk and ask them about it. If they say it's in (or imminent), if you let them know which cover version you'd prefer, they will try to accommodate your preference.

There's also uniquemagazines.co.uk, which Vogue28 recommended to me as another source, and I've ordered from them in the past - they're currently showing the Nov 23 issue of US Bazaar, but I note in the ordering details, they state that the Dec-Jan issue is 'out of stock'.

Sometimes you will get an issue that's so popular with fans, pre-orders mean that the issue never comes into stock - that happened last year when Madonna was on the cover of various Euro Vanity Fairs. As a general reader, I never got near those issues.

I remember wanting to buy last year's Dec-Jan US Bazaar, but the length of time I had to wait for it to appear as an import issue in the UK, the pre-Christmas mood of the contents was well out of date, so I gave up.

Email newsstand.co.uk and ask them about it. If they say it's in (or imminent), if you let them know which cover version you'd prefer, they will try to accommodate your preference.

There's also uniquemagazines.co.uk, which Vogue28 recommended to me as another source, and I've ordered from them in the past - they're currently showing the Nov 23 issue of US Bazaar, but I note in the ordering details, they state that the Dec-Jan issue is 'out of stock'.

Sometimes you will get an issue that's so popular with fans, pre-orders mean that the issue never comes into stock - that happened last year when Madonna was on the cover of various Euro Vanity Fairs. As a general reader, I never got near those issues.
Thank you I'll email newsstand for sure! Will also check out Unique magazines. I think I'm already losing interest, even as a Lana fan. I do collect magazines in general and do spend a lot, but it feels silly over something that's so 'new'. I'd rather spend on something that seems more rare. Thanks again!

Update! Got a copy on newsstand.co.uk - cheaper than eBay at least. It's just arrived

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefashionfetishist
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->