US Harper's Bazaar February 2019 : Jennifer Lopez by Camilla Akrans

Sigh, just when you think this magazine cannot stoop any lower. First, they give JLo a back to back February cover, then they recycle a February 2009 backdrop? All the tears over Anna, but how exactly does Glenda hold down her job!?!

It's a shame because I actually like what she's wearing, and with a simpler backdrop, it may even have looked great. Huge miss for me.

Awakesmile.com

Jennifer looks great but who rehashes an already stupid concept exactly 10 years later?

And the editorial inside is the same 'strike a pose against a blue sky' that we've seen countless times from a cover story, as seen in the sub cover. She looks great - but we've seen this a million times before (harpersbazaar.com:(

hbz020119cover-sub-1546896751.jpg

Red love hearts for Valentine season? The girls look great but the covers look tacky.

J Lo looks great but you can hardly see the dress... everything is so red;-)

All the tears over Anna, but how exactly does Glenda hold down her job!?!

Shhh! Don’t say that. Anna is the “w0rSt” offender.

Anyway, this is just tragic. JLo’s beauty saved this for me. Everything else is pitiful.

The subs cover however is beautiful.

I feel sad for Jennifer because she is stunning. But this cover is the worst I've ever seen in years. "The new" Vogue Italia is a masterpiece next to this.

Hair: Lorenzo Martin
Makeup: Scott Barnes
Manicure: Eri Ishizu

harpersbazaar.com

Shhh! Don’t say that. Anna is the “w0rSt” offender..

Is this in reference to me? And my recent posts? If you want to shade people, you should probably know what you're talking about so you don't come out looking silly and like you've shaded yourself.

I'll have you know that I have previously called out Glenda as being even worse than Anna regarding her cover subjects. If you're a black man (Kanye, The Weeknd) you have an easier time landing an HB cover than if you're a black woman, specifically a black actress.

Anna is the “w0rSt” (that's mature) offender because no body cares about Glenda and her magazine actually seems to be selling unlike Anna's and all the titles she's the CD for since they're also currently up in flames.

Glenda isn't a major democratic fundraiser.
Glenda wasn't rumored to get an ambassadorship because of said fundraising.
Glenda wasn't appointed to the President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities
Glenda's Icons party doesn't compare to the Met Gala and the fact that Anna has a wing or something named after her at the Met (I don't care to look)
And so on.

Haven't you heard of the saying "with great power comes great responsibility"?

So yes, it's lame that Glenda's cover is very similar to a cover she's done previously and yes it is lame that the JLo's ed is similar to Margot's from the last issue, but the fact that Glenda is lame and sucks doesn't negate the fact that Anna is also lame and sucks because she's way more powerful than Glenda and thus expectations should be higher for her and she's been failing to meet them for years now. Both of these things can be true at the same time, you know.

You Anna stans are something else acting as if there's not a real possibility that we'll see a Justin and Hailey Bieber cover in the next couple of days :lol:

With this post, it's obvious you fall in the camp of superficially saying you want things to be different on magazine covers (per your post in the Elle thread) but not really, when it comes down to it. So if my posts where I call out Anna's hypocrisy are just the “w0rSt”,you're more than welcome to skip them and not read them. Just saying.

Is this in reference to me? And my recent posts? If you want to shade people, you should probably know what you're talking about so you don't come out looking silly and like you've shaded yourself.

I'll have you know that I have previously called out Glenda as being even worse than Anna regarding her cover subjects. If you're a black man (Kanye, The Weeknd) you have an easier time landing an HB cover than if you're a black woman, specifically a black actress.

Anna is the “w0rSt” (that's mature) offender because no body cares about Glenda and her magazine actually seems to be selling unlike Anna's and all the titles she's the CD for since they're also currently up in flames.

Glenda isn't a major democratic fundraiser.
Glenda wasn't rumored to get an ambassadorship because of said fundraising.
Glenda wasn't appointed to the President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities
Glenda's Icons party doesn't compare to the Met Gala and the fact that Anna has a wing or something named after her at the Met (I don't care to look)
And so on.

Haven't you heard of the saying "with great power comes great responsibility"?

So yes, it's lame that Glenda's cover is very similar to a cover she's done previously and yes it is lame that the JLo's ed is similar to Margot's from the last issue, but the fact that Glenda is lame and sucks doesn't negate the fact that Anna is also lame and sucks because she's way more powerful than Glenda and thus expectations should be higher for her and she's been failing to meet them for years now. Both of these things can be true at the same time, you know.

You Anna stans are something else acting as if there's not a real possibility that we'll see a Justin and Hailey Bieber cover in the next couple of days :lol:

With this post, it's obvious you fall in the camp of superficially saying you want things to be different on magazine covers (per your post in the Elle thread) but not really, when it comes down to it. So if my posts where I call out Anna's hypocrisy are just the “w0rSt”,you're more than welcome to skip them and not read them. Just saying.

Chill down, sis. If I wanna shade you I’d tag or quote you. Not every post is about you.

It doesn't matter which editor is ahead, we're all losers in the print industry's current race to the bottom.

But when it comes down to it, I bought more issues of US Bazaar last year than I have issues of US Vogue over the past five years. And I'll probably get this one.

This is classic Bazaar by Glenda...
This fast-food Fashion. People will say « gorgeous » on IG, people who likes magazines will find it pointless as usual...
It’s perfect mass appeal.

Uk Bazaar speaks to me more than this. I don’t expect anything from Glenda’s cover stories.

American Vogue is as bad but not that bad because we may have some good surprises sometimes.

The question is: are magazines willing to deliver the best issues they can? No!
Everybody is on survival mode and the majority is on breathing assistance.

This is just sad because there is sooooooo many young people who would kill to have the opportunity to work with this type of budget to create new and interesting ideas and who would strive for iconic and here we have it all being wasted by Glenda and her team who have been on autopilot since day one.

If you don’t have a passion for this? Why not move the hell on and give it to someone who does?!

There’s nothing in this story that has an ounce of passion and that’s a damn shame.

Okay they have done this team how many times in a row already? I swear like 3 or 4. Like jees It would be alright with me if this wasn't the same than as all of the issues before it.

so BORING, please stop repeating the same pose, same background and the same theme!

This is just sad because there is sooooooo many young people who would kill to have the opportunity to work with this type of budget to create new and interesting ideas and who would strive for iconic and here we have it all being wasted by Glenda and her team who have been on autopilot since day one.

If you don’t have a passion for this? Why not move the hell on and give it to someone who does?!

There’s nothing in this story that has an ounce of passion and that’s a damn shame.

They're still there because of the money...and i'm sure Glenda's still at her position because of the sells? or she has a godfather?...
btw when was the last time Carine has an editorial in HB? september?.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gal4dior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->