US Harper's Bazaar June/July 2024 : Emma Corrin by Sam Rock

I find the written content to be the 'lite' version of the same type of feature you often get in modern Vanity Fair, stuffed full of social media buzzwords that serve to derail any meaningful point that could be made.

For an issue that contains three editorials, it's showing as having only 104 pages in my digital version, so they haven't skimped on the main content.

Do I like the issue? No - but there are plenty of magazines who would pad out those 100 pages with filler content and only give you one short editorial.

I find the written content to be the 'lite' version of the same type of feature you often get in modern Vanity Fair, stuffed full of social media buzzwords that serve to derail any meaningful point that could be made.
Current Vanity Fair and Harper's Bazaar remind me a lot of each other. They seem to be stuck in the same sort of struggle.

With Lindbergh, Demarchelier or even Testino, these subjects would have look more interesting. I imagine a black and white portrait of Emma by Peter. That would have been a killer story. The greats are gone or are a few.

this whole issue looks like a feeble, tragic attempt at a misguided homage to the dismal parts of sober 90s fashion that's stale as a salt-free saltine. it takes true charisma and creativity to breathe life into grunge or alternative beauty and fashion. these people are too compromised to have the range and vision to execute something exciting and vibrant, instead of a psa ad on why smoking is bad or drugs instead of hugs.

emma's newly released posh mental patient spread feels more like a "life after rehab" than a celebratory nod to pride and individuality; it's so drab and placid. the taste level of this current generation of editors is really, really questionable if not challenged.

With Lindbergh, Demarchelier or even Testino, these subjects would have look more interesting. I imagine a black and white portrait of Emma by Peter. That would have been a killer story. The greats are gone or are a few.
Duh. Of course, with a good photographer... almost anyone can look interesting. :rofl:

For an issue that contains three editorials, it's showing as having only 104 pages in my digital version, so they haven't skimped on the main content.

Do I like the issue? No - but there are plenty of magazines who would pad out those 100 pages with filler content and only give you one short editorial.
Tell more about the fashion content

wait.....are they a MIU MIU AMBASSADOR? You'd never know....

also...Armpit hair, we get it...youre cool and edgy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarawilliams
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->