" The Lean Season "
US Harper's Bazaar October 1995
Model: Christy Turlington
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Tonne Goodman?
Hair: Kevin Mancuso
Makeup: Kevin Aucoin

djuna.cine21.com/christy

PS if anyone has this issue and would be lovely enough to scan it i'd be forever grateful. I can take snaps of my copy if anyone is interested but my cameras are all terrible.

Found this awesome preview courtesy the lovely Proximity w updates in BOLD:

"Sole Devotion" - shoe addicts
P - Fernando Bengochea
M - Yasmeen Ghauri, Ellen Carey & Amy Fine Collins

"How To Repair Your Hair"
P - Mario Testino
M - Shalom Harlow

"The Cheaters' Club"
P - Mario Testino
M - ? Christy Turlington

"Tweed Mon Amour"
P - Paolo Roversi
M - Kate Moss

"Shape"
P - Patrick Demarchelier
M - Kirsty Hume & Christine Kruse

"Kelly's Underworld" - Kelly Klein
P - Kelly Klein
M - Kelly Klein

+ photographs by Steven Meisel, Jock Sturges, Weegee, Herbert List, Lee Miller, Man Ray, Bob Carlos Clarke, Jacques-Henri Lartigue, Fernand Fonssagrives & Bruce Weber.

"Young Girls Do Wear Plain"
P - David Sims
M - Guinevere Van Seenus

"Just You Wait" - Angela Bassett
P - Mario Testino

"The Pearl Of Oyster Bay" - Geoffrey Beene
P - Oberto Gili
Illustrations by Mats Gustafson

"Party"
P - Peter Lindbergh
M - Kate Moss, Eva Herzvigova, Stella Tennant & ? Michelle Behennah, Karen Ferrari, Lorraine Pascale, Valerie Celis + unknown.

"The Lean Season"
P - Patrick Demarchelier
M - Christy Turlington

"Pin Up Girl"
P - Mario Testino
M - Kate Moss

Last edited by a moderator:
"Pin up Girl"
Harper's Bazaar October 1995
Photographer: Mario Testino
Model: Kate Moss
Hair: Orando Pita
Make-up: Dick Page
Beauty Editor: Annemarie Iverson

Simple, sensual and modern; what's not to love :wub:
ccfb8dde26de7f6209c1ac4efd77b9f4.jpg

www.maisonduloup. com

tumblr_mdc13w5p6B1riapuio2_1280.jpg
tumblr_mdc13w5p6B1riapuio3_1280.jpg

katemosscollection.tumblr. com

oh my I love 90s harpers bazaar, I just got my first ever archive issue (september 1997) on eBay and loved it, the range of photographers was brilliant. If you could take snaps of the editorials I would much appreciate it, thanks!

oh that's so exciting :P such a nice change of pace isn't it?

lotsa industry insider, movers and shakers. true artists. i think Glenda forgets that aspect and too narrowly focuses on the commercial, celeb-heavy name-dropping, US Weekly fashion stuff. which i think is a total cop-out. It's called journalism, hire some people who can write and enlighten me and seduce with your language on the merits of whatever your're promoting not what some hollywood flash in the pan supposedly swears by, when most likely they couldn't even name off enough designers on one hand a few years ago...

Liz, however struck a nice balance, between art & commerce. and the funny thing is, that many of the up and comers she profiled have become industry icons in their own right and are still relevant today. she was so ahead of the curve. her editors letters were issue highlights. she addressed her readers like she cared, on a monthly basis and published their reactions and thoughts to the content she produced...

i'll see how my snaps turn out.

Young girls do wear Plaid
Photograpger: David sims
Model: Guinevere van seenus
Stylist Elissa Santisi
Hair: Guido
Make-up: Miranda joyce

I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS ONE ONLINE SO I SNAPPED THIS FIRST. I CAN SNAP THE REST IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS OR SO :flower:
Plaid HBO95 1.jpg plaid HBO95 2.jpg

Plaid HBO95 4.jpg plaid HBO 5.jpg

plaid HBO95 6.jpg Plaid HBO LAST.jpg
MY SNAPS

Plaid HBO95 1.jpg plaid HBO95 2.jpg Plaid HBO95 4.jpg plaid HBO 5.jpg plaid HBO95 6.jpg Plaid HBO LAST.jpg

That Guinevere editorial was everything to me.

right! Guin is pure class.

the stylist and the model nailed this shoot. i love the deliberate, declarative, full on school girl attitude. if this were done today they'd probably feel the need to 'toughen up' (aka dilute) the styling in some wishy washy manner rather than *gasp* cast a model that can emote and embody the contradictory moods inherent in the rebellious, strict uniform approach to dressing adopted by the youth of the 60s mod counterculture.

i hate those stylist ancedotal quips like " toughen a flowy hippie floral maxi dress with a dangerous, battered biker jacket. " What for?!? Most of the time it just looks scatter-brained and non-commital, like the stylist was confused :lol:

anywhoo, glad you cherish these 90s eds as much as i do :flower: liz and the gang really championed unconventional, underground models and helped broaden the definition of beauty and paved the path for so many future non-cookie cutter beauties 10, 20 years on.

Tweed
Ph: Paolo Roversi
Hair: Thom Priano for Garren
Makeup: Fulvia Farolfi

My scans

Party
Ph: Peter Lindbergh
Model: Kate Moss; Eva Herzigova; Michelle Behennah; Karen Ferrari; Lorraine Pascale; Stella Tennant; Valerie Celis; UTM (maybe Georgiana Robertson?)
Hair: Odile Gilbert
Makeup: Pat McGrath

My scans

Angela Bassett
Ph: Mario Testino
Hair: Ellen Levar
Makeup: Dick Page

My scans

Pin Up Girl
Ph: Mario testino
Hair: Orlando
Makeup: Dike Page

My scans

I found an old copy of this and thank God there are no missing pages in it. The editorials looks more glorious in print 😃

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tjohn88
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->