US InStyle July 2019 : Priyanka Chopra by Robbie Fimmano

She’s such a stunning, charming person and this is what they came up with? Her expression reads fearful, not sultry, to me. Terrible cover.

Too much skin. Poor posture. Awkward expression.

I'm having the same issue with it as with Kate Moss' VP cover by Mikael - it's shot from a waist perspective and it gives the person's back too much space to dominate the image. It's all I can see when I look at it; I don't even look at Priyanka's face. And there's no neck!

I just want to change this angle

Thats more appropriate

I think it's not bad

So do I. From the neck up is questionable (head looks too big for her frame, and the absence of her neck), but I'm quite taken with the sensuality here. The stylist really did a shoddy job. She's hardly wearing that dress.

DEA216F2-624F-49AC-AD12-E8789135471F.jpeg 10AC098A-36FF-4AB8-85E8-A6F0A78390E9.jpeg

Source InStyle Twitter

I don't mind this, but the pose is a little bit off. The angle at which her head is makes it look off.

God, what's with magazine retouchers going overboard? It's so odd.
You don't need much with Priyanka. And to still lay on that kitschy jewels make the entire thing look so cheap. Like it's something lifted from Vogue India.

Indian Summer

Photographer: Robbie Fimmano
Stylist: Julia Von Boehm
Hair: Harry Josh
Makeup: Yumi Mori
Manicure: Pattie Yankee
Cast: Priyanka Chopra Jonas

US InStyle Digital Edition

Natacha + Levy

Photographer: Tom Allen
Cast: Natacha Ramsay-Levy, Gwyneth Paltrow

US InStyle Digital Edition

7th shot from the edit would have made a good cover, imo.

I'm having the same issue with it as with Kate Moss' VP cover by Mikael - it's shot from a waist perspective and it gives the person's back too much space to dominate the image. It's all I can see when I look at it; I don't even look at Priyanka's face. And there's no neck!

Quite a hard pose to pull off! I also wasn't a great admirer of the Kate Moss cover, and off the top of my head, cannot recall even a well-established model pulling off such a pose. Maybe Gisele on the cover of Harper's Bazaar back in 2003 and 2009?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mou777
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->