US Marie Claire May 2019 : Sandra Oh, Thandie Newton & Elisabeth Moss by Thomas Whiteside

Sold.

Marie Claire is really killing it!

And also, Allure, kindly take notes. This is how you feature someone’s beauty while wanting to go “au naturel”

Thandie Newton & Elisabeth Moss:

Wow, these covers are beautiful. Not glamorous, quirky, or raw - just beautiful. And that's so rare on the newsstand nowadays. US Marie Claire were the first to give Sandra Oh a cover many years ago when others wouldn't even consider her for a feature, so her cover feels extra special. And I also think Elisabeth is really stunning here. Thandie's makeup is a bit iffy, and I'm not sold on the dress, but the framing and composition of her cover is my favourite.

I'm consistently impressed with Kate Lanphear's fashion direction in this magazine. She's bringing a very interesting mix of photographers on board. I do hope they'll work more with Whiteside.

Kate Lanphear is an amazing creative director. Love her work

I am here for this. All three cover choices are covers are strong. Love Sandra especially.

Three stunning and powerful women, so different from one another, in all ages and colors without the ''Groundbreaking diversity'' or ''Coming of Age/Age Issue'' slogans thrown all over them. This! This is how you do it appropriately. God, how I wish Vogue (or anyone else for that matter) had the ability. Gorgeous covers of three very beautiful women. I'm very happy to see Sandra here!

Eat your heart out, Vogue.
This is truly stunning. All three covers are beautiful and such deserving cover choices. Thandie Newton has to be one of the most beautiful and cool woman working in Hollywood.

All of the covers/spreads are very handsy but they're great!

I love everything, but Sandra's cover makes her look a bit tired?

Holy smoke! These covers are banging! I am absolutely in love with the framing and composition of Thandie's cover. The cropping looks just perfect. And personally I adore Sandra Oh and everything she does. This cover is gorgeous. Also a very good, not quirky nor awkward shoot of Elizabeth Moss.

Thank god they've redeemed themselves after that awful group cover last month. These are beautiful! Thandie's is such a perfect classic glossy shot that I'm immediately drawn to it, but I love Sandra's too. Funny how MC is consistently strong in the US while the UK edition is an absolute disaster zone...

All of the images could work as main cover! Stunning!

I love the fact that they don't go overboard with photoshop. A genuine attempt demonstrating their natural beauty. Magazines should apply this "show, don't tell" premise more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->