US Vanity Fair March 2005 : The 2005 Hollywood Issue by Annie Leibovitz

The three gowns on the front cover appear to be very, um, sombre. All in black and white. I liked their styling of last year's acctress better (Julianne Moore in I think Oscar de la Renta, Jennifer Connelly in Rochas, Gwyneth Paltrow in Narciso Rodriguez). But I think having such recognizeable gowns on the cover is a bit too much for Vanity Fair. It is not a fashion magazine after all (but its actress covers are typically way better than Vogue's). So this year the focus is back on the people. I don't recognize any of the gowns from afar.

The poses are pretty pretentious. The cast is okay. Hooray for Ziyi Zhang!! Some deserving people: Uma Thurman, Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet, Scarlett Johansson, Kerry Washington. The rest... Eh. I particularly can't justify the inclusion of Sienna Miller (media wh*re) and Kate Bosworth (She's all over the place for Beyond the Sea).
Natalie Portman is a glaring omission, and I wouldn't have minded if Keira Knightley was included. Also, if they must use someone from Alexander, go with Angelina, as infamous as she is. But I've come to accept that every year there will be some "wild cards." One year VF included Brittney Murphy, and last year they had Selma Blair.

I also like that the cover women aren't typical hollywood women. And I think that cate is wearing Rochas...the bust line is similar anyway

boho_babe said:
Thats because Sienna has gone through stage school and only just got into proper acting......

You realize that her mom was the head of the London branch of the same school right? It's like George W. Bush getting into/going to Yale because his dad did :ninja:

Thanks for the pic agathe. not impressed at all. Adore the cover though :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have another version of the inside scan?

:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
The cover is fabulous. I love the diversity of the actresses covered and their stylings. Jewel tone dress colors are wonderful and I love the basic black and white on the cover women.

cool cover, i love the inside cover gowns and kate looks amazing. not too sure about uma and cate but i like her dress.

how about julia roberts?

1.jpg

that green dress was a really good choice, to make everything look vibrant. i likey.

I love Ziyi Zhang, she's Beautifull:heart: :heart: . I think Kate Bosworth Looks nice and so dose Claire Danes,although she really did get the most unfortunate pose out of them all.On the whole a nice cover.

nycgirl84 said:
That's a very random assortment of people. I agree with putting Cate and Kate on there, and I guess I figured they'd put Scarlett, but there are some odd choices. I love Calire, but I don't see why she's on the cover. I am pleasantly surprised Nicole Kidman isn't on it.

yeah - what has Claire Danes done lately? she's a terrible actress and is not attractive, IMO :o

catherinea said:
Claire Danes done Stage Beauty and was fantastic in it.

I suppose i'd have to see it, but i find her delivery in every other movie she's been in to be stiff, deliberate, and wooden. She has the personality of a well-dressed saltine. :rolleyes:

Zhang Ziyi - overrated. When will she stop being in all the Chinese movies? There are prettier, more talented Chinese actresses out there, imo. Cate and Claire look best. Scarlett's pose looks awkward.

I couldn't care less for the inside cover. Sienna Miller looks totally out of place - like the stylist's assistent accidentially got inside the frame. The others are kind of blah. The front is just gorgeous though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kate2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->