US Vanity Fair May 2008 : Madonna by Steven Meisel

I can't see for a second that Vanity Fair are going to be unhappy about any 'accidental leak' generating traffic for their own website and expectation for the actual issue. Wouldn't be surprised if they oh-so-innocently engineered it all themselves.

its a good cover but the leotard simply has to go...cmon now!

Is she still singing? The cover isn't half bad, except for that outfit...yuck.

Of course not :smile: she's been everywhere lately with that album Hard Candy. And any frequent visitor of Perez Hilton knows what's up with Madonna

some pics from inside the magazine premiered on EXTRA, I got the pics from drownedmadonna.com

IMG_4489.jpg

IMG_4484.jpg

it's the may issue!

She's also on the cover of the may issue of Elle, I created a thread about it with preview pics of the shoot, but it was deleted for some odd reason...

The thread was deleted because at this very moment, there is no cover shot or 100% confirmation of what edition of Elle the images were for - the best home at the moment for those images is the rumour thread. If I were you, I'd repost the pics there instead, so we can all happily speculate to our heart's content!

The thread was deleted because at this very moment, there is no cover shot or 100% confirmation of what edition of Elle the images were for - the best home at the moment for those images is the rumour thread. If I were you, I'd repost the pics there instead, so we can all happily speculate to our heart's content!

Well, it's been confirmed by several Madonna websites as well as fashion websites, like women's wear daily that she will be on the cover for the may issue shot by Tom Munro... But of course, time will prove I'm right...

I think the cover is interesting but it has nothing on her 1996 Testino cover when she was promoting Evita - that was a much more striking image in my opinion. That said she looks amazing as always - lots of leotards of course, the only thing that bugs me slightly is that her image for this album doesn't seem quite as distinct yet compared to when she was promoting other albums. This image - and the corresponding covers that go with it - seems to be Confessions on a Dancefloor Redux.

I do love the way in which her body is displayed and how strong she looks - very sexy but in a powerful way we don't get to see that often for women.

Ugh. This makes me want to go listen to the new song - I'd been avoiding it because Justin Timberfake is on it. :sick:

Well, it's been confirmed by several Madonna websites as well as fashion websites, like women's wear daily that she will be on the cover for the may issue shot by Tom Munro... But of course, time will prove I'm right...

I do believe you, but for the sake of waiting till it's 100% true, it's worth it. If there's no absolute confirmation that those images are for the US edition of Elle magazine, it's better to hold off. Usually when Madonna does Elle, she appears in every edition of it worldwide.

This thread is for discussion of the May Vanity Fair. Please stay on topic.

Thank You:flower:

Yes, leotard overdose in this issue, I'm wondering if VF find that their annual green issue doesn't sell that well, so they've decided to front it with Madonna this time, in order to ensure sales, even though she's not a recognised eco-warrior.

I always recall, in a previous editor's note, Graydon saying he follows the theory of using a celebrity cover that'll attract sales, in order to get people reading the more serious content inside. And appearing on the front of this themed issue, it also means Madonna gets a slice of being 'associated' with green things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->