Sittings Editor: Phyllis Posnick
Hair: Julien d'Ys
Makeup: Linda Cantello

archive.vogue.com

"Well Suited"
Models/Subjects: Brooke Astor, Tina Brown & Serena Altschul
Photographer: Annie Leibovitz
Hair: Simone Aldrich (Brown) & Joelle (Altschul)
Makeup: Susan Sterling (Astor), Francesca Mendolia (Brown) & Kristofer Buckle (Altschul)

archive.vogue.com

"Full Power"
Model & Subjects: Stella Tennant, Longpigs, Bill Blass & D'Angelo
Photographer: Ellen von Unwerth
Fashion Editor: Paul Cavaco
Hair: Orlando Pita
Makeup: Diane Kendal

archive.vogue.com

"Short Cuts"
Models: Alek Wek, Kirsten Owen, Esther de Jong & Tanga Moreau
Photographer: Arthur Elgort
Fashion Editor: Grace Coddington
Hair: Sam McKnight
Makeup: Susan Giordano

archive.vogue.com

"Leg Work"
Photographer: Arthur Elgort
Fashion Editor: Grace Coddington

archive.vogue.com

"Portrait of a First Lady"
Model/Subject: Donna Hanover
Photographer: Eric Boman
Sittings Editor: Brana Wolf
Hair: Joelle
Makeup: Brigitte Reiss-Andersen

archive.vogue.com

"Green Peace"
Model/Designer: Fernando Caruncho
Photographer: François Halard
Garden Editor: Miranda Brooks

archive.vogue.com

"Prime Time"
Photographer: Irving Penn

archive.vogue.com

"Strokes of Brilliance"
Models: Carolyn Murphy & Karen Elson
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Fashion Editor: Brana Wolf
Hair: Louis Angelo
Makeup: Pat McGrath

archive.vogue.com

Shalom looks insanely gorgeous in her editorial. Like…wow. They don’t make ‘em like they used to.

Girls now all are desperately hawking that style from her editorial…and yet…it just doesn’t work. Everything everyone does now is so empty. A girl like Shalom and a photographer like Peter have so much heart and soul…the photos are just so alive and sizzling!

^ yeah, I stared for a long time at that editorial yesterday... best I've seen her look, I always found her very pretty but sort of lifeless or cold, almost too perfect.. hard to explain, just not my personal favorite, but she's absolutely flawless in that story.. so elegant and regal. And so is the styling.. I know most people want to remember the 90s as if the two blonds in this picture symbolized it lol but as a kid then, this is what I remember (probably because my mom used to wear similar things for work).. sharp cuts, matching numbers that actually look good and not ironic or plain stupid, dark palettes and very high heels.

Miss Peter Lindbergh.. he captured city life like no other photographer in fashion. :heart:

^^^ LOL The 90s can be as tacky as any decade. Thank goodness classic, clean, confident all-American sportswear ruled my world during this era of my formative years. It’s true that whatever sensibility that you started to develop when you’re 12yo— at the beginning of your sexual awakening, is what will define your sensibility as an adult (…which is scary since these kidz now are so absolutely devoid of any semblance of a modern classic sensibility…). Calvin/Donna/John Bartlett/Ralph/Daryl K and their brand of non-fussy, effortless and still glam sensibility still rule my world in 2021. Theirs was really about clothes to take off— get undress in without the tackiness that’s often associated with “sexy” fashion and image. And this issue, really epitomizes this timeless all-American spirit. The way that Shalom/Stella/Karen/Carolyn looked will never go out of fashion.

(BTW, my eyes immediately bee-lined towards D’Angelo in the “Full Power” story. He was pure concentrated sex to my still-in-denial teen self. Some men will always bring out the gay in anyone.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dianarimar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->