V Magazine #97 Fall 2015 : Lana Del Rey by Steven Klein

"The Best of the Best issue" with the Worst of the worst covers.

This is just awful... zero creativity, I'm surprised Klein did this.
I like her eye makeup, the only interesting thing here imo :huh:

Oh no!! What a let-down. The preview looked so promising, and we got this eternal 60's big hair? It doesn't even look like Klein's work. I'm still glad she got this though.

They could have done so much better, but finally it's someone out of the music business who is not Rihanna/Miley/Rita/Justin...

oh my goodness.... what's happening with the hair on magazine covers lately? My goodness. Nothing in this cover is worth buying

Simply the Best
Photographer:
Sebastian Faena
Stylist: Julia von Boehm
Models: Rosie Huntington Whiteley, Amber Valletta, Candice Swanepoel, Miranda Kerr, Joan Smalls, Anja Rubik, Karmen Pedaru, Lily Donaldson & Kate Upton
Make-Up: Violette, Fara Homidi & Maki Ryoke
Hair: Kevin Ryan, Shin Arima & Miki

vmagazine.com

That cover is hideous. They should have just used the preview cover as the main one, because this is a let down and it looks dated.

makes the embarrassing interview covers look good by comparison. this magazine is so tired

I actually quite like the cover, maybe it's because I'm a sucker for Lana but I enjoy it. It's got a coldness to it that I like, it's icy..it makes me think of some gritty murder mystery show that is set in the 60s or 70s, or something like that.

Preview images of Lana's story by Steven Klein...
cTX1CPx.jpg

55Vbthf.jpg

gagadaily.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^ a variation of those veil pics (where you could see her face more clearly) would have made a far better, more interesting cover imo...

yeah this is nothing new, seen similar image of her like this.

the editorial is far better than the cover. A veil shot would have done V more justice

Beautiful picture! Nothing new indeed. I don't care for V, and I'm far from being a fan of Klein, but I don't need anything new when I have Lana looking like Lana in a very Lana-Priscilla look and mood...
I'd never expect something groundbreaking from V actually, it's become too gimmicky - like the Gaga/Miley of magazines in the world of pop singers; you already know what you can get and it's not exciting. What's new for me is V having an interesting cover subject, especially in a best-of-the-best issue, which most magazines have been failing to do when it comes to celebrities. (Although I imagine there might be other covers with other people?)

Amber looks beautiful... it's been a while since I like anything with her... I thought Miranda did something very similar for some other publication...

i had been told by someone who works for v that ariana grande was going to be on the cover but she was actually cancelled because of the donut licking scandal... i think the lana cover is so boring because it was very last minute

Funny they've called the issue 'Best of the best', worst of the worst would have fit better, so uninspiring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->