Valentino F/W 2024.25 Paris

I genuinely like it lol, classy yet boring ofc. The moment you realize how decadent this house has become is when you see that their RTW fall 2016 collection is even more glamorous than their latest Couture show.

The property looks magnificent, i love the show atmosphere tho

Those black patent 80’s pump! Heavenly!
Makes me remember that I have some red satin 80’s pump from Valentino on my wishlist on NAP lol.

I didn’t expect much from him but it was such a nice surprise. A very beautiful collection!
All black is difficult because you have to be identifiable with almost nothing. It’s all about the shapes and textures. It’s actually a very difficult thing to do…They have done an all white collection and all red too. Those colors have a significance with the Valentino DNA.

Black is common and yet difficult.
It was insanely glamorous, diverse and grown up. That’s what I’m looking for!
I really love the wardrobe approach and there are some exquisite pieces. I almost feel guilty because Valentino is never on my radar when it comes to buying but when a collection like this comes up, it’s great!

That being said, I wish his collections were more edited. That black patent 80’s pump should have been the only shoe. Then it became a trunk show with the totes, the boots and everything…
And I wish they would stop presenting collections at an Hotel Particulier. I think there are more ways to create an intimate and luxurious setting…Maybe a store, a hotel suite. The flow in those Hotel particulier is horrible.

But bravo PPP.

Fashion has truly fallen. Only beautiful collections I’ve seen thus far were from Saint Laurent and Chloé, which was largely in part due to them being heavily inspired by the past. No innovation and very disappointing overall.

It's so nice that Pier Paolo is elevating Valentino again, after some seasons of trying to be too edgy. The 40s (by way of 70s) style is not particularly new but looks quite fresh here.

I think it's hard to do an entire collection in black. It can look sometimes too sexual, cerebral or funereal. But somehow, this collection felt elegant and very natural at the same time. (The Sade soundtrack on the livestream helped too.)

I really really disliked the hoodies. I wish he had left those out. But the evening wear was very good, and even reminded me of Chanel couture spring 1997 (for me just a perfect collection).

it’s so tired what he does… as much as everyone thinks he’s a nice guy, think the house would benefit from him moving on.

Fashion has truly fallen. Only beautiful collections I’ve seen thus far were from Saint Laurent and Chloé, which was largely in part due to them being heavily inspired by the past. No innovation and very disappointing overall.
Guess you didnt look at Balenciaga?!?

When I see people complaining about innovation I just have no idea what people are expecting. What can possibly be innovative these days?

At this rate, a nice wearable collection IS f*cking innovative, imo.

Can u all stop wishing Pierpaolo moved on? To where?
Do u have any idea what a daunting task being a designer today is?
I’m all grateful for TFS being such a free opinion space but let’s not play again the “Sarah Burton should leave” game only to find ourselves with another Sean McGirr…

When I see people complaining about innovation I just have no idea what people are expecting. What can possibly be innovative these days?

At this rate, a nice wearable collection IS f*cking innovative, imo.

Looking back, nice wearable collections is what we’ve had for the past few years. Wearable but innovative is what we had with Ghesquière at Balenciaga, Elbaz at Lanvin, Raf at Jil Sander, Marc at LV, Philo at Céline, Galliano at Dior and Margiela, Theyskens and then even some collections from Copping at Nina Ricci and so on. Even early Rousteing at Balmain which I didn’t appreciate back then, I appreciate far far more now in comparison to some of these safe collections I’m seeing now.

There's something very "early 2010s precollection" about this...and honestly I'm not mad at it. Boring and unoriginal, but it at least looks pretty luxe and isn't as aesthetically ghastly as some of Pierpaolo's recent offerings.

it’s an exquisite, elegant and luxurious collection. I think that’s what Maison Valentino has always been about so for me this presentation was definitely an achievement.

there’s nothing new but we can see an interesting play with shapes, lengths and fabrics. all the lace looked sumptuous!

also, I absolutely love all black outfits and looks so this was personally, a treat.

Beautiful, but boring beyond belief. It's clearly product-driven because it's basically soulless.

j'adore! beeeeaaautiful garments, great casting and everything looked expensive!

It’s good, but not great. Certainly one of his best RTW shows. Of course it’s incomparable to couture, but a major improvement. I will say that it did not have to be all black. Something about that shows uncertainty. He used the black as a security blanket. Some of these pieces would have been better in color. It’s hard to completely praise this when he could have taken more risks. Show half black and half color, or half safe and half extreme. As is, it’s all blending together as one giant complacent black blob. Save the basics for the pre-collections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->