Valentino Pre-Fall 2016

I got bored in the middle of this never-ending lookbook. Editing is completely unknown for them.
I like one piece. That light blue lace (?) gown is so beautiful, but it's drowned in the ocean of horrible and/or dated clothes. Some looks are really questionable and tacky here. And these shoes inspired by those awful pvc boots by Dior... bleh.

The boots that look like condoms for your legs (in look 35 & others) ... I'm going to be able to live without those.

Last edited by a moderator:
ironically, the last few black and white looks are the most appealing, and that s probably because they are relevant to most people"s everyday lives, (and to their men"s collections). How often does a woman buy these clothes and really wear them on say a weekday? And this being a pre-fall? collection, I would expect it to be more light handed...but its just dresses after dresses, and I agree that editing is non existent: what does the black see, lacy long dress has got to do with the denim shorts in the same collection?

Valentinos"s shapes and patterns and vibes are getting stale. It was ethereal, sublimal and romantic initially, but now it is just rehashing the same tricks.

Again, I have to say I quite like their mens collections and in general, the accessories.

perfect looks for a trip to the carnival season in Ulan Bator :wink:

I was going to let it go but I stuck through ^,^ finished it one by one. Was pretty fascinating truth be told.

Their biggest weakness -- aside from their reticence to deviate from their very specific approach to designing -- is their inability or unwillingness to edit their collections. The bottom line with Valentino is that the details are usually, if not always, superb, but by showing every single piece you've designed for a season you don't offer the viewer the chance to actually appreciate how individualistic each piece is.

If they cut this by 2/3 and left the rest for the selling floor it would be a hell of a lot more powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->