Valentino S/S 2024 Paris

Some beautiful dresses here and there, with a summer feeling, the oversized English lace details are nicely executed.
It’s overall better that the previous RTW collection but it still falls flat, uninspired.

It’s fine but Valentino archives are so extensive and it seems PPP design language is so limited and flat. Him and MCG are basically the same.

At a point, I became more interested in the dancers and FKA Twigs performance than the collection. Where is the glamour.

I liked this a lot. It's still cold and repressed for a house with such a vibrant history, but being unfeeling is supposed to be 'cool' or something with the wealthy. The production is nothing short of superb.

The performance was distracting and completely unnecessary.

Can we PLEAAASE retire the dad sneaker trend? I know designers want to convince consumers (and themselves) that they're "out of the box thinkers", but let's keep these sneakers IN the box from now on. They ruin every silhouette they touch.

Its a no fuss ready to wear collection the white shirts and dresses and the sparkly dresses were my favourites, so were the black ones. The coloured ones reminded me of his previous collections and the laser cut is going to be worn the hell out by the hype crowd.

Now that they are part of the Kering ecosystem, they have goals. They did 1,5 billions € of revenue last year vs 3 for Saint-Laurent (a very comparable brand), if they want to reach the 2 billions threshold then 3, Valentino needs to change their brackets.
This collection is not aspirational, has no direction, it won’t push Valentino at the level Kering demands.
Wonder if they will keep PPP …

I love a shirtdress…So it kinda works for me.

Anyway, as a collection, it’s very consistent, easy to digest, to wear to who wears Valentino. It’s not very directional. If doesn’t have that « I want that » factor.
I think the hobo bag is cute.

I hate the sneakers…

‘Tbh, it feels like a trunkshow.
I’m glad PPP went back to the red instead of his obnoxious pink.

I only like this cape (and just because it reminds me so much of Ralph Rucci )

GiGiGHql_o.jpg

(imgbox.com)

The rest is just PPPlaying too much with the laser cutter.

Okay I know I shouldn’t do this here this is an industry wide issue but…

I am going to scream bloody murder now why the hell everyone is doing some sort of lace cut outs this season Alexander McQueen just did it a couple of days ago and now Valentino is doing it so the whole world is using the same trend forecast service or something ughr…

(Disclaimer: it’s not that I don’t like this collection; I think it’s a pretty neat one. But I just feel that the individuality of each fashion house has devolved into a state that it’s almost non-existence now)

Oh yah, lace cut outs, Lanvin is doing it too… :neutral:

Very toned down. Nice to see more of the red than the pink (thankfully reserved to one look).

The collection would have looked great as a look book as opposed to a show. Some pieces even feel a little Kors-like too with how easy they are.

The denim is exhausting. At least it is an okay shade of blue.

Extremely wearable stuff. Some of it is garbage - those dresses with cutouts on the torso. A few other dated ideas too. The best pieces are the laser cut though many feel under developed.

overall its very Mid. The silhouettes are not the freshest for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->