Details:

00920m.jpg
00940m.jpg

00950m.jpg
00960m.jpg

00970m.jpg
00980m.jpg

style.com

I love it. A nice retrospective mixed with a modicum of modern feel. Nothing was meant to be trendsetting. What looks dated, was meant to look dated. I loved the finale, the perfect way to go out. Nobody has ever understood femininity in fashion, the way Valentino has. Nobody else has been able to create something so simple and make it breathtakingly beautiful. That's his brilliance.

Enjoy your retirement Mr. Garavani :heart:

the dresses are like fondant cakes; smooth, silky and elegantly embellished. the collection stayed very true to valentino's style. he is so aware of the female form. way to go out-- valentino in a sea of red dresses. gotta love it!

the details make this collection even more beautiful

IMO Valentino was never really known for making outrageous, flamboyant looks. He was known for making beautiful, elegant, sophisticated looks while still managing to be innovated. so if he said farewell with some extravagant, avant guard, um experimental collection I'd be like "who the heck is trying to be? Galliano??" I think this is the best way to go out. It's very classic Valentino while not being too done before. I dont think there's been a Valentino collection I didnt adore. I sure hope Alessandra makes him proud.

most of the printed stuff look like a grandma's couch fabric, i'm sorry. i like flower print (e.g. Stella McCartney, Ralph Lauren, Balenciaga SS08...) but imo he chosed some ugly ones. and those light blue/light pink/yellow looks annoy me because of the bad color choice. not to mention that yellow flower printed dress on Alexandra T, with that outrageous hat. seriously, what was that?? i'd rather wear a cheap black dress to go to the fanciest party in the world than wear that dress even though it's by Valentino. and that dress on Siri?? (look #53 on style.com) i can go to a cheap store here and find similar ones (of course that Valentino's is perfectly made, but i'm talking about appearance). i also went crazy when i saw the 50th look, that's just too ugly and that pink and orange dress on Natasha is depressing. and the makeup made some girls look weird, i didn't like it very much... especially because of the pink lipstick.
the red dress was very beautiful, though. and also the black and the white dresses on Natalia, the silver on Kim Noorda, the white dresses on Chanel (#47), Anna T (#68) and Sasha (#70) and also the looks #10 (on Sasha), #17 (very nice) and #66 (the pink dress - altough i'm not a fan of pink dresses).

I didn't like the florals either - you have to be a very specific sort of person to pull those off and I just dislike most florals to be honest. That said the solid pieces in this collection were beautiful - everything was elegant and refined. Nothing seemed excessive. Overall this collection seemed like a loving tribute to an outstanding career - I saw hints of things I admired in Valentino collections I'd seen ages ago and things that were completely new to me. All and all this was wonderful finish.

And the details are superb. If there is an Oscar broadcast this year (fingers crossed) some of these gowns should be worn.

Its breathtaking, im so jealous of the women who are gonna own these outfits

I actually didn't care for this collection at all. I usually like Valentino but this all just looked tacky to me. The make up was horrible, the clothes were not too great either. I don't think it was that great of a finish.

( now that the excitement about the Oh So Sad Last Collection is gone, it seems like TRUE opinions are coming up...:innocent::innocent:
i knew it woulndnt last longB)B) some pieces are just terribly tacky!:ninja::ninja:)

( now that the excitement about the Oh So Sad Last Collection is gone, it seems like TRUE opinions are coming up...:innocent::innocent:
i knew it woulndnt last longB)B) some pieces are just terribly tacky!:ninja::ninja:)

I was excited but I still looked at the collection like any other and upon first glance everything just looked off. The tacky and cheap looking jewelry, the makeup that didn't look great on most of the models, and it was just too much going on.

i cried looking through the collection. it was wonderful. i do agree with how much of a let down hc ss 08 was. but valentino truly stole the show! love love love love love love!

beautiful.

I actually didn't care for this collection at all. I usually like Valentino but this all just looked tacky to me. The make up was horrible, the clothes were not too great either. I don't think it was that great of a finish.

Well past the excitment of the few gowns I liked, I have to agree with that... It is all extremly tacky and cheap and I don't see the spirit of the collection, it looks like he took old sketches that he didn't use in previous collections and sent random outfits on the runway... I had the same vibe with his last RTW show... He's done much, much better than that in the past...

^^ I agree, i like his spring HC 07 collection better than this one, though there were some dresses that were made that were delightful

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->