Vanity Fair April 2024 : Anne Hathaway by Norman Jean Roy

major “she flew the motherplane into the world slay center and cvntagon” vibes

I suppose this was the shoot she famously walked out of, in solidarity with Condé Nast workers - and evidently walked right back into!

Last edited:
Don't really know why but when the pic opened it felt to me like that was a cover from a decade ago or something (maybe just cuz she looks the exact same?) It's a nice ed though

Mixed feelings about the cover... The composition is good, Anne looks different than she usually appears, but for some reason the editing of the photo doesn't look very Norman but something more Steven Klein.

Oh this is stunning. And the inside shoot is fantastic as well. Always happy to see Anne on a cover - she’s so beautiful and clearly has fun with it.

ANNE HATHAWAY ON TUNING OUT THE HATERS AND EMBRACING HER TRUE SELF
Photography:
Norman Jean Roy
Styling: Deborah Afshani
Hair: Orlando Pita
Make-up: Gucci Westman
Model/Celebrity: Anne Hathaway

vanityfair.com

She looks beautiful, but the photo they chose for the cover isn't worthy, perhaps from 15 years ago. The rest of the photos are much more interesting.

She looks absolutely gorgeous on the cover and in the editorial. Too bad she’s so annoying.

Yup it looks forced and not natural. I don't buy this either.

She's lovely when she's doing the relaxed / glam but the femme fatale overly strong and sexy doesn't suit her.

Here it looks like a parody of what a ''fierce'' cover model should look like. I thought I was going to like it when I saw the face but then the editorial didn't have that flow, it looks forced with the poses and with the styling. Sometimes you can have drama without overdoing it.

Don't really know why but when the pic opened it felt to me like that was a cover from a decade ago or something (maybe just cuz she looks the exact same?) It's a nice ed though
And this is why I saw it and loved it immediately and I´m not even an Anne fan :D

Yup it looks forced and not natural. I don't buy this either.

She's lovely when she's doing the relaxed / glam but the femme fatale overly strong and sexy doesn't suit her.

Here it looks like a parody of what a ''fierce'' cover model should look like. I thought I was going to like it when I saw the face but then the editorial didn't have that flow, it looks forced with the poses and with the styling. Sometimes you can have drama without overdoing it.
I'm thinking the same. Movie stars making a parody of fashion models. Typical 2000s magazine cover.

It's a killer cover. The editorial is gorgeous too.

I'm surprised how it feels like they picked up the best shoots. It's a rare thing these days.

I like the shot in the gold fringed McQueen and the black and white shot of the Prada. The veil shot is also a beautiful "caught in the moment"/voyeuristic shot that works and should have been the direction of the shoot if they wanted to add a more organic seduction meets perversion. Steer away from forced sexy, and go for something more intimate and relaxed.

Anne looks very uncomfortable in the Alaia latex. The colour of it doesn't work for the shoot too, looks like it's been drenched then stained in piss and sweat...

I love this, purely for how unexpected the styling is. This takes me back to a time when magazines weren't afraid to give actresses a makeover and I'm all for it. Not the best I've seen Anne Hathaway styled or photographed but it's ALL working...

There's a video of her looking back to her career (love this series though) on youtube:

Vanity Fair France (116 pgs) and España (132 pgs) are also both running this as their cover story for their April 2024 issues.

To me has more Vogue potential than Vanity Fair. The fun part Vogue sometimes makes the most Vanity Fair cover ever when they hire Annie, like the Kate Winslet story from some time ago. I think Anne is so Vogue worthy. Coco should have been on VF. Her cover has more that spirit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericsalodesign
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->