Vanity Fair August 2009 : Heath Ledger by Bruce Weber

tarsha

Reaction score

Heath Ledger, photographed exclusively for Vanity Fair by Bruce Weber in 2000, on the Prague set of A Knight’s Tale. “The day I stop having fun,” he told Kevin Sessums for the August 2000 cover story, “I’ll just walk away. There’s so much more I want to discover.”

The August issue of Vanity Fair hits newsstands in New York and Los Angeles on July 1 and nationally July 7.

See Full Story
vanityfair

Last edited by a moderator:
How his marriage failed
• Terry Gilliam—Ledger’s friend and mentor, and the director of Doctor Parnassus—agrees with Pecorini that the romance between Ledger and his former wife began to unravel during the Oscar campaign for Brokeback Mountain. “The whole machinery started growing up around them,” Gilliam says. “That was the moment when it changed, when he realized, Uh-oh. We perceive the world differently. He didn’t care about things like those awards.”

According to Pecorini, “Heath was always blaming himself [about the relationship], asking, What did I do wrong?” Adds Gilliam, “Because he’s a much nicer person than I am, he really thought he could do the right thing. He was trying to be decent and graceful, give her whatever she wanted—the house, every ****ing thing. But once it started going south, it went very quickly. He was overwhelmed by lawyers, and there were more and more of them, as if they were breeding. I said, ‘This is bull****. Heath, just end it. Get out—it’s bad. You’ve got to just walk away from it.’ The stakes kept going up. He wouldn’t listen to any of us.”

As Ledger’s relationship with Williams unraveled, and the pair started dealing with lawyers and custody issues, according to Gilliam, Ledger fell apart. “The thing that really made Heath snap” was legal wrangling over his daughter, Matilda, Gilliam says. “He said, ‘Just **** all of you! I’m not giving Michelle anything.’???” Recalls another source, when it came to Matilda’s care, “there were definitely heated conversations, and emotions were high.” (Ledger’s lawyer declined to comment on any aspect of the separation or custody dispute.)

He and Michelle Williams were married??

This article doesn't paint her in a very nice light. It makes her seem like a greedy golddigger.

I find the cover image distasteful, given the way he died. Not commenting further on why, just go figure.

I'm so gonna buy this! In honor!

is this really common to do a posthume cover ?????????

business ? terrible attitude !

cover looks bad..what a bad picture of him.

^ Couldn't agree more -_- I really don't understand why they bring his death up now again - something to do with MJ recently passing away? I hope not. Either way, I don't get it. (And I also don't think they chose his best pic...)

I'm jumping on the 'Why Heath?' train.

There were rumours Michelle was going to file for full custody.I guess they were true. One certain poster at IMDB will love the article. She hates Michelle.

are these people insane? why did they put Heath on the cover? to make people feel bad? or to confuse his little daughter? if they think that this will sell the magazine, i hope, for human kind's sake, they are wrong.
people aren't really over his death yet. his death was sudden and weird, with too many people involved, too many controversial stories.
yes,put Heath on the cover, but in 5 to 10 yrs.

Heath I thought is quite irrelevant now, why rake up the past again ?

MJ is much more relevant and will def sell more copies even tho they push back the release date a bit I thought

Disappointed with VF recently, it was Jess Simpson, now Heath at the wrong timing :unsure:

bad idea to be honest and definitely at the wrong time.
It should have come out during Dark knight hype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->