Vanity Fair Holiday 2019 : RuPaul by Annie Leibovitz

Would've preferred the gold shot as the main cover because there's a lot wrong with the final choice (the makeup is too much). It's fun, it's fierce, and it makes Kate Upton and Caitlyn Jenner's covers look bland in comparison. But wow, would never have expected this from Radhika. Even if it feels a bit played out after the epic queen shot by Leibovitz in American Vogue.

A large part of the current popularity of drag queens is because they are the ones supplying the glamour that's gone missing from fashion and celebrity. It's a new form of glamour, but it still follows the same transformative formula where you can become this larger-than-life version of yourself. Norma Jean becomes the legend that is Marilyn Monroe.

In its most powerful form, glamour goes beyond the superficial, because it's a way of overcoming life and becoming yourself, through sheer will and hard work. You will not be defined by others, you will define yourself.

It's over the top but chic/tastful at the same time, love it.

Oh my God, I didn't know Radhika had it in her. While RuPaul is pretty well known in this day and age, this Vanity Fair cover is still a big deal as it is the pinnacle of mainstream media acknowledgement.

I am now hopeful that Vanity Fair might find its footing again in the upcoming decade. It's such a shame that nothing of note has been produced in years.

MOTHER! Absolutely fantastic, brilliant, beautiful, looks like Linda Evangelista, everything about it is perfect! Yes please!!

dmfk4dm129w11.gif

Finally the glamour a festive spirit I've been missing on covers this month!

Finally! I was waiting for a moment like this. Miss RuPaul gets the cover she rightfully deserves!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->