Vanity Fair January 2011 : Johnny Depp by Annie Leibovitz

am i the only not finding johnny depp even remotely attractive?
maybe if he were to lose the jack sparrow soul patch etc....

I think he is an attractive guy, but somehow he appears overdone in pictures. I can´t put my finger on what´s wrong. I don´t know if there´s hair dye, or traces of the Sparrow character which I find annoying to say the least.

I think that very casual clothing (I mean ragged, stained, torn garments) can be quite sexy if the guy who wears them is actually painting a barn, or fixing his car, or mowing the lawn.
But when this same clothes (or a very expensive variation of them) are used for photo shoots.... in cute little "rebel" outfits.... I find it silly and contrived.

Johnny Depp is a great actor and a very handsome man. I know he must be shoveling money because of his role as this Sparrow guy, but to me it´s a pity he´s not doing other kind of stuff, where he can transform himself in a different way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well he seems "normal" enough in the Tourist. No eyeliner in sight...

LOL. No you're not. I only think he was attractive when he was younger. He hasn't aged too well imo.

Annie always finds something interesting about her subjects, even when the image is flawed. These are not what I would call flattering pictures of Mr. Depp, but there is something there. The cover makes him look older than we've seen him look and somewhat wizened.

This could have been much more interesting with a different photographer though.

Great cover! Johnny Depp looks amazing.

I've been in love with Johnny practically since birth, and I'm 30, but he is starting to look OLD.

Johnny Depp is sex on a stick.

XD! Thank you! There is no point in being delicate when it comes to this sexpot. Meanwhile, I love the location/setting, and I'm glad I can look forward to at least one January issue. ^_^

The Crowded Mind of Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp by Annie Leibovitz

myfdb

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makeartmake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->