Vanity Fair July/August 2021 : Dua Lipa by Venetia Scott

Terrible and cheap cover shot, coupled with terrifying cover lines (COVID-19, Epstein and Proud Boys all in one column? Pass)

^They break all their proper exclusives online nowadays. VF.com contributors are all over Sky giving breaking stories, you wonder why they couldn't save that for this very clearly ailing magazine.

Love the set design, it's very Venetia. She's so obsessed with this mid-century decoration movement (as generic as boho is right now imo). But thank god she didn't do the styling.
I don't know why the cover reminds me of Caitlyn Jenner's coming out cover. But I do agree with Dodencebt, she looks dead here. Very Stepford wife-ish.

I'm honestly not her biggest fan in fact I can't bear her, but it's interesting how she's the only pop star who doesn't have an iron-clad 'aesthetic' that they cling to. She's playful. I can appreciate that. If you're going to be booking tons of covers then at least allow stylists to experiment with you.

I will never understand her appeal.
The music is generic, and she has the charisma of yellow wallpaper.
This will gather dust on shelves all across America.
VF really used to be THAT magazine, but it's decline has become painful to watch.

I don't dislike her at all but damn, Dua is everywhere... She's a straightforward pretty girl/pop singer. Is she really that fascinating? I'm just going to sit this one out :lol:

Hard to decide which feature I'm less interested in reading; Dula Peep or the Proud Boys.

I note the strategically lifted knee in order to cover anything that might offend, and the mirror which is only allowed to reflect the body in an unflattering way.

It's like Billie Eilish's "boudoir mood" Vogue cover except done on a budget. Although both looked like they're selling sedatives, not sex.

She looks like Jessica Paré here.

I like the whole set and vibe but her expression could be stronger.

very Vanity Fair.

Vanity Fair July/August 2021

Xoxo, Tavi

Photography: Nick Riley Bentham
Styling: Nicole Chapoteau
Hair: Roberto Di Cuia
Makeup: Akiko Owada
Cast: Tavi Gevinson

Vanity Fair Digital Edition

Vanity Fair July/August 2021 - Supplement

Ringing In The New

Photography: Damian Foxe