Vans - The All-Things 'Vans Sneakers/Trainers' Thread

Susan are they more comfortable with the changing of the soles? Can you notice a big difference?

pixie - I like those!!

Yes for me it´s a very big difference. My instep is very high. I couldn´t wear them if I didin´t remove the sole.:flower:

Never got a pair of Vans but printed models always caught my attention...

like this one:heart:
EX50L1B.jpg

shop.vans.com

I love Vans. IMO Vans are the best sneakers. They look friggin good and always have a good quality. I like the classic ones, not very fond of slip-ons.

Multi-talented recording artist Santigold is broadening her creative horizons with a footwear collaboration with Vans, due out in stores next month. Not one to be hemmed in by genre or stereotypes, Santigold's sneakers—featuring perforated full-grain leather, faux gold chains, and a custom removable SG gold pin created by Jules Kim of Bijules—are as eclectic as her musical stylings, which have garnered praise from artists as diverse as Jay-Z, David Byrne, and the Beastie Boys. We may be going out on a limb, but we could even see the Jigga Man himself scooping up a pair for boo Beyonce, they're that cool. Luckily for us, they'll be selling for decidedly un-music-mogul-level prices. But supplies are limited, so make sure you don't miss out on them when they hit stores February 1!
from refinery29

i'm not too crazy about them...
they remind me of jazzed up old reeboks or something... :ermm:

vans-santigold-sneaker-2.jpg
vans-santigold-sneaker-3.jpg
vans-santigold-sneaker-4.jpg
vans-santigold-sneaker-1.jpg

Not crazy about this because I'm just not a Hello Kitty kind of girl...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

refinery29.com

cute but im not sure i could really work the look.unless i was that cute and colorful type of girl....

Vans and Kenzo collaboration available at opening ceremony.com
Kenzo x Vans Print Sneakers

****ingyoung.es

Anyone still into Vans? I have their white 106's and I can't seem to find anything better. I did look into Converse but I'm not overly impressed - I'm not a one for change. I have looked online and noticed the slip-on version, but I think they're a little on the boring side, not much about them. The 106's I have now don't have that much about them.. so I guess I should take a look at them in-store. If not, it'll be some Converse.

I had two pairs of Van's (slip on and lace), but I could never get into them. I didnt like how they looked on my feet. My boyfriend is a surfer and wears them like crazy. My father recently got into them too :smile: I think they look better on men anyway.

^It's strange you should mention that because I was hesitant towards the slip-on version. I thought they were feminine. Even though I have seen a ton of guys wearing them. They're just so wearable and go with everything. I was looking into getting some Converse but their sizing is horrendous.

I just ordered the white because white tends to go with everything I wear. Plus, I couldn't resist another pair of 106's except this time I went for navy:

shop.vans.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had three pairs over the last six years: a checkered pair of slip-ons in tones of dark and light blue, which I haven't worn much tbh... a very chunky, skater-like pair that I wore to death and that I can't recall the name of - it doesn't exist anymore, so it doesn't help -, and a pair of Vans Era which I got two years ago and are still in great shape (although starting to tear up), this pair:

30swp3t.jpg

natterjacks.com

^^^ those are so lovely Mark! Love guys wearing them.

Not really the appropriate thread, but I didn't feel like starting a new one. Sacai x Vans, all fuzzy and in koala grey (or black)! :woot:

2UrI7hZk.jpg

source: Dover Street Market - Newsletter

Anyone know if they're a DSM exclusive? And how much they are? I don't see them on their website yet.

^ just saw this and must be late but the sacai luck models were not DSM exclusive.
lowtops 36000 yen, hightops 37000 anyway

chanel tweed special from slowgun × vans

fashionpress

Attachments

• vansslowgun_04.jpg
    vansslowgun_04.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 4
  • vansslowgun_06.jpg
    vansslowgun_06.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 2
  • vansslowgun_01.jpg
    vansslowgun_01.jpg