Veronica Webb

OMIFAN9

Reaction score
VERONICA WEBB THE 1980's-1990's GROUNDBREAKING SUPERMODEL(WRITER, ACTRESS, A RUNWAY QUEEN & ACTIVIST) IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MODELS AND I DON'T BELIEVE I'VE SEEN HER ON THIS BOARD. HERE IS AN ABBREVIATED LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL MODEL! ALSO DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PICTURES TO SHARE?B) PHOTO CREDITS:BWGREYSCALE.COM, DEWEY NICKS & GILLES BENSIMON, MARKUS KLINKO & CORBIS.

Last edited by a moderator:
from bwgreyscale.com

dzjdzs.jpg

dzjed0.jpg

dzjeol.jpg

dzjer9.jpg

Thanks, Really Cool Photos Of Miss Webb! My Photo Credits: Peter Lindbergh & Ford Agency.

she was very succesful, but never as famous as other black models

i had never paid much attention to her, but she was featured in liya's us vogue, and she looked wonderful

here she is at "fashion for relief" backstage:

00160m.jpg

style.com

NICE PHOTO toohipforbrooklyn. HER LAYOUT IN VOGUE 2005 WAS GREAT, WHICH SHOWS HER IMPORTANCE, NOT MANY OF HER BLACK COUNTERPARTS(OTHER THAN NAOMI) CAN SAY THAT THEIR STILL FEATURED IN VOGUE NOWADAYS. WEBB WAS THE FIRST BLACK MODEL TO SIGN AN EXCLUSIVE BEAUTY CONTRACT(REVLON), WHICH AFTERWARDS HELPED GIRLS LIKE TYRA. SHE WAS MORE OF A RUNWAY SENSATION, THAN A PRINT GIRL. A MUSE OF KARL LAGERFELD & AZZEDINE ALIA. SHE ALSO STARTED MODELING IN LIKE 1984, BEFORE THE SUPERMODEL HEIGHT IN THE EARLY 1990's, WHICH I THINK AFFECTED HER CAREER A BIT. BUT VERY SUCCESSFUL, SHE ALSO WROTE A BEST SELLING AUTO-BIOGRAPHY & FOR MANY TOP MAGAZINES. PHOTO CREDIT:PAMELA HANSEN.

AWESOME toohipforbrooklyn:wink: . I FEEL SHE IS BEING UNDERRATED OVER TIME. SINCE SHE ISN'T DOING A TYRA BEING ON TV ALL THE TIME OR ACTIVELY WORKING IN FASHION LIKE NAOMI. SHE SEEMS TO BE GOING FOR THE SIMPLE LIFE NOW SHE IS MARRIED WITH 2 KIDS. WHICH I UNDERSTAND SINCE SHE HAS BEEN IN THE BUSINESS FOR LIKE 20 YEARS. SHE WAS SOMETHING FIERCE ON THE RUNWAYS! PHOTO CREDITS:CORBIS & BWGREYSCALE.COM

Here Is Veronica & Friend Naomi Campbell(who Helped To Organize The Fashion Show To Help Hurricane Katrina Victims) Back In Stride Again Together On The Catwalk:heart: . Photo Credits:corbis.com

Here Is Another One Of Veronica's Covers (id 1994). Photo Credit: Steven Klein.

Oh love her! She used to be a fixture in NYC. She's so cool and very deep.

smartarse said:
Oh love her! She used to be a fixture in NYC. She's so cool and very deep.
YES, SHE IS A VERY SMART LADY & A GREAT MODEL. SHE NOW LIVES IN FLORIDA WITH HER FAMILY. HERE ARE MORE PHOTOS, CREDITS:GILLES BENSIMON, PETER LINDBERGH & CORBIS.

back to the early 90's she had her own tv-fashion show in VH-1 , "fashion tv", she rocked. :wink:

Thanks Guys For Your Participation:flower: . More Photos, CREDITS:Gilles Bensimon & Gettyimages.

I am glad someone brought her up in the forums, When I started modeling, she was my inspiration, I had a picture of her on my wall.She is absolutely gorgeous.

Tabasamu said:
I am glad someone brought her up in the forums, When I started modeling, she was my inspiration, I had a picture of her on my wall.She is absolutely gorgeous.

Yes she deserves more recognition today, Webb is cool! Another page for her Vogue us(1992) feature by Dewey Hicks.

Here is a photo from a fav Vogue Paris layout(1990) by Andre Carrara.

i saw her once on this video i borrowed..i thinkit was calles Supermodel...i can' remember..it basically follwed a few days on the life of Christy Turlington..anyways...Veronica was on it and she really was a b*tch....is she normally a b*tch..or do you think perhaps she was having a bad day?

TaTa said:
i saw her once on this video i borrowed..i thinkit was calles Supermodel...i can' remember..it basically follwed a few days on the life of Christy Turlington..anyways...Veronica was on it and she really was a b*tch....is she normally a b*tch..or do you think perhaps she was having a bad day?

It was Catwalk, and no I don't think or hear about her being a B. She is just smart and direct, also she was also older than many of the girls. Cindy has it too. She has the sense of humor, where she is joking but doesn't laugh. Which if you don't get the joke or point she can come off a bit too strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notwinory
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->