Versace F/W 1998.99 by Steven Meisel

anlabe32

Reaction score
Audrey Marnay, Carolyn Murphy, Guinevere Van Seenus, Jade Parfitt, Maggie Rizer, Sunniva Stordahl

This campaign :heart::heart::heart::blush::blush::blush:

styleregistry.livejournal

I don't know why, but I forgot to post my favourite shot, which was even my avatar for a while.

same source

there are campaigns that pass as art and this was definitely one

what happened to the good old Meisel

I'm more interested to know what happened to Versace :innocent: :innocent:
Extraordinary campaign though !!

This was the time when everything was so perfect. The concept, the casting, the photographer and of course the outcome. :heart:

Thanks for posting these!:flower:

No other campaign can top this one in my own honest opinion. This is pure perfection. My all time favorite fashion ad campaign! Lori's styling goes really well with Meisel's photography skills. Plus the model casting couldn't be more purrfect! Just sucks a little bit though cause Erin O'Connor wasn't part of this one. :lol:

Love this period for Meisel. His campaigns and work with VI were amazing!!!!

[FONT=&quot]
there are campaigns that pass as art and this was definitely one

what happened to the good old Meisel

good point. this campaign reflects a good understanding of Italian Renaissance art. It reminds me of da vinci's lady with an ermine.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot](source dailymail.co.uk)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Finally was able to get my hands on this magnificent catalogue and my disappointment was immeasurable, because some pages were missing. This is one of Meisel's best campaigns to date imo - dare I even say the best? It really does feel like a masterpiece.

This campaign is so gorgeous, it's insane. Makes me so sad to see this era of Versace's advertising compared to what we have now. :(

Wasn't there a male campaign with this? Seems he only made the women ads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->