Versace picks Plokhov

style_expert

Reaction score
(NEW YORK) Donatella Versace has found herself a new man—and a Russian one at that. Alexandre Plokhov, who shuttered his Cloak Designs, L.L.C. business in December, has been tapped as a consultant on the men’s wear and accessories lines at Versace SpA, the fashion house confirmed. “He has been hired as a consultant to strengthen the existing design team,” a spokeswoman for Versace said—and no doubt help the brand carve out a larger niche in the men’s market. Plokhov, who was nominated for the 2006 CFDA Menswear Designer of the Year award, has a few other accolades under his belt, namely receiving the 2005 CFDA Swarovski Perry Ellis Award for Menswear and tying for the 2004 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Foundation Fund Award. Plokhov evidently understands the art of high and low, however, as his capsule men’s collection for Uniqlo continues uninterrupted.

from fwd

oh oh...this sounds interesting. :smile:

thanks for the news style :flower:

it will be interesting to see how alexandre will mix his dirty rock and roller aesthetic with that of versace :blink:

:rofl:...

i'm sorry..
but i am just imagining the reactions of some of the cloak diehard fanatics to this new development...

they are going to PLOTZ!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:......etc......

:lol:...

I wonder what Faust is thinking right now!? :o ohhhhh dear!! There may be a protest in front of the store lol

Wow! This will take Versace to the next level,especially the men's line which needs the most help.

Not really a fan of Plokhov, but it's not like Versace's menswear could get any worse.:innocent:

I'm intrigued, dark street urchin meets European playboy.....could be good.

Could be v. v. sexy if done properly...Could be the next Dior Homme.

hahaha, very amusing

thanks for the newsbit :kiss:

i agree with diorling... just think how sexy and dark and COVETABLE this could be!

JJohnson said:
I wonder what Faust is thinking right now!? :o ohhhhh dear!! There may be a protest in front of the store lol

Well, I can tell you that His reaction to it is not favorable......

I dont really like the versace Brand too much (i still think it has dimmed a lot after the death of Gianni),
but I am happy for Alexandre...........
This should give him an opportunity to put his immense talent to use.
It would be nice if he were much more than a "consultant" though

Last edited by a moderator:
zamb said:
Well, I can tell you that His reaction to it is not favorable......

It would be nice if he were much more than a "consultant" though
i'm imagining faust stabbing himself in the eyes right about now so he doesn't have to see this...:D...^_^

*i could imagine that plokhov might not necessarily want to be more than a consultant just yet...perhaps he's waiting to see how it goes before he sells out completely and gives up the idea of resurrecting his own label...
or maybe he's hoping for a better offer from elsewhere???

who knows...anything's possible these days...
who ever thought we'd be witnessing THIS???

perhaps we'll be seeing oiled down boys in tiny swimsuits with tall boots and military jackets...
:woot:...

:lol:

I just do not know what is in it for Versace. Obviously Plokhov is broke, so he needed something like this to come along (you'd thing someone cooler would have picked him up, but w/e), but Versace is missing such a chord by bringing him in. What do they think? That by having one of the coolest menswear designers onboard they are going to shatter decades of horrible connotations of their clothes ESPECIALLY their mens?

What is more upsetting is that no body has gotten behind Plokhov's own label, LVMH or Gucci Group could have bought him and made him profitable within a few years with his editorial and public good favor, but they didn't. super strange.

What do they think? That by having one of the coolest menswear designers onboard they are going to shatter decades of horrible connotations of their clothes ESPECIALLY their mens?
uh...yeah...pretty much!!...:lol:...
isn't that obvious?>?>?

they are clearly not geniuses over there...:ninja:

I don't understand the excitment about this, yes they're so different, but that probably wont turn out right. Just think Hedi Slimane for Kate Spade...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->