Vicente Villarin S/S 09 New York

shirleebee

Margiela's Muse
Reaction score
Joanne Cordero Reyes applied her delicate touch with pleating and draping in a romantic collection of frothy cocktail dresses. - WWD.

I don't really feel that such a generic description does the collection justice. It was exquisite and ethereal. She builds garments from petals of silk, layer by layer, and when the models saunter past you, the gowns shimmered with life. Vicente Villarin is going to be a name on people's minds when they think of NYC fashion.

vincente-villarin25.jpg

vincente-villarin01.jpg

vincente-villarin02.jpg

vincente-villarin03.jpg

vincente-villarin04.jpg

More at WWD:
http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/vic...shion-news#/slideshow/article/1742062/1742141

Last edited by a moderator:
That grey dress with the keyhole is really beautiful. I wish it they caught the model at a better moment where you can see the fit more, cause right now it looks ill-fitting.

But the design is gorge.

I love the construction of how the dresses come together. The buttoning is genius! :woot:

:cry::ninja::angry:
I'm so sad I lost my program for this show - it had so much detail about each garment! One was constructed entirely of silk pailettes.

^ You'll have to point that one out if more pictures come out. It sounds really interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->