Victoria Beckham F/W 2024.25 Paris

Did she change her design director again? Because this collection doesn't have anything in common with her few previous ones. Some pieces are nice, but instead of this experimental mode, she should have focused on creating sellable clothes.

Poor Vicky is on crutches. And her brand too. What happend?
it's very much all over the place. i only liked the the outfit with
the short mouton retournée bomber & the green flare trousers.

Last edited:
Something about this reminds me of Stella McCartney in the early to mid 2010s. Maybe it has more to do with the set.

It bears no relation to the design shift she started a few seasons ago, which was already a shift away from what she was doing before. Nothing really looks desirable either, just a mishmash of odd proportions.

Annoying design gimmicks added to otherwise bland separates. No one needs a blazer the colour of putrid egg nog with a dislodged lapel and an upturned hem. It doesn't make sense.

A wise, if a tad deranged, woman once screamed, “No wire coat hangers!”
Ms Beckham please take note.
This collection is somehow a lot yet so little.

I am confused its a complete volte face of the years of Celine lite clothing she has been doing , I liked the trousers but over all its just dank and sad.

I’m a client of Victoria Beckham and I must say that this show was confusing. And I think the studio might be confused too.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the two tone pants, the white chunky knitted vest, the cargo skirt and one sweater that looked flat in a very surrealist way but why?
Why it does feel like she is trying to be more than what she is.
This is a good commercial brand that offers good designs. There’s no shame to be honest in what you are proposing.

I don’t know if she thinks that proposing the edgiest thing will make her credible but it screams confusion.

Nobody goes to her for the kind of clothes she showed in majority in this collection. So what’s the project?

I think that she needs to learn to make clothes herself if she ever wants to be taken seriously as a label. Needs to take at least a 2 year fashion design program - its a little crazy its obvious she never even did this simple thing. Someone who cares about the industry they are in are usually seeking to further their skills. Maybe its bc I care about education so much. If I had VBs lifestyle I would have degrees in every random interest I had.

As a collection this is slightly a proposition. The two tone pants are pretty bad. The placement of the shiny matetial makes it seem disjointed from afar. those have clearance written all over them - how does VB not see that after all the shopping she has done at the biggest labels. That pink draped number and the burgundy draped number - do they not have eyes to see how it doesnt flatter the body. That tan jacket wjth the crossover lapel was nice. The absolute best looks were the black walking length gown and the dark ochre wool anorak.

Last edited:
Posh Spice should keep on making "posh" clothes. I always respected VB as a brand but since last season she tries to be experimental, quirky for the sake of it. This is not what this brand is about.

This is not her. Why is she doing these weirdo stuff?

I think that she needs to learn to make clothes herself if she ever wants to be taken seriously as a label. Needs to take at least a 2 year fashion design program - its a little crazy its obvious she never even did this simple thing. Someone who cares about the industry they are in are usually seeking to further their skills. Maybe its bc I care about education so much. If I had VBs lifestyle I would have degrees in every random interest I had.

As a collection this is slightly a proposition. The two tone pants are pretty bad. The placement of the shiny matetial makes it seem disjointed from afar. those have clearance written all over them - how does VB not see that after all the shopping she has done at the biggest labels. That pink draped number and the burgundy draped number - do they not have eyes to see how it doesnt flatter the body. That tan jacket wjth the crossover lapel was nice. The absolute best looks were the black walking length gown and the dark ochre wool anorak.
What taking a course would change about the fact that there’s a lack of direction in her shows?
They have found the positioning and the offering that has turned the brand into a profitable entity. She has hired industry people since the beginning to gain in credibility. The commercial offering has been consistent since the pandemic…. And the brand doesn’t suffer from quality issues.

So I wonder what that course after 16 years in the business would do to her…

What she needs is to have the intelligence to have a coherence between her offering in stores and what she proposes on the runway.

And just like that...Posh thinks she is avant-garde...!

My highlight here is seeing fat Ronaldo sat front row, looking at the clothes as if he was a fashion journalist.

Islands in a stream
That is what we are
Please forgive me please
For I can’t design….
🎶

This brand started out nice, it fit well into the DVF/Donna Karan world of beautiful, comfortable, quality ready to wear by women for women (obviously not at the level of those greats) and it had its own space in that very competitive arena. She got too ambitious too soon, went to Paris and suddenly assumed that she was an Avant Garde Parisian brand which led to this collection with the most unflattering blazers and a strange mix of uncoordinated items. The more chic wearable pieces in the collection look nice like that Lulu is wearing or the chainmail print dress and the finale look are decent. She needs to go back to NY, hire a more ready to wear focused design team and make desirable unpretentious clothing like this.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-eu.s3.amazonaws.com%2F5fc55fe6-964c-11e7-a652-cde3f882dd7b

financial times

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Len84
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->