Vintage Inspired!

dr.shoegal

Reaction score
What about vintage inspired stuff? Love it or hate it?

For example Gwen Stefani and her obsession with 40's glamour. A lot of her new L.A.M.B. line is vintage inspired. I absolutely love every single piece. Does anyone know where you can buy her stuff online?

I've been dying for a great pair of while sailor pants for a very very long time. Any suggestions????

Well, I am very much in favor of "vintage-inspeired" because I like to sew using old patterns.

For example, there's This 1973 Simplicity dress pattern and This dress made from that pattern (with sleeves swapped out from a different pattern from the same era).

Ditto This coat-dress pattern and this dress.

I do this sort of thing all the time.

White Sailor Pants, you say? What size are you? I have a pattern for a whole sailor suit.
If you are interested, I can photograph the entire front of the pattern envelope which has a front view of those trousers. It has a square mock-placket with six buttons as trim.

i dont mind vintage inspired, it can be fresh and anyway..
anything to get over the 80s looks :sick:

I bought a pair of high waisted wide leg navy blue trousers, and I just added some white buttons a la marina look, and they look awesome... B)

Isn't almost all collections now a days vintage inspired? Wheter it's a dress or an actress? You know, I've found several vintage items that look exactly like items from current collections. Only minor differences.

Like the Prada circle skirts this season? And all the 50s dresses? And on and on and on...

personally, i prefer classic 'timeless' pieces or more avant garde, forward-looking styles...
i do like vintage and vintage-inspired accessories however... :flower:

marc jacobs is the designer i respect the least due to the over-abundance of 'vintage-inspired' pieces in his collections...it generally doesn't interest me because if i've seen it already, it's boring to me...i prefer something new and different... :flower:

I love it! As long as the "inspiration" doesn't come from the 70's or the 80's

Originally posted by As You Like It@Apr 24th, 2004 - 7:42 am
Check out My 1940s dress and this one I made from a mid-1950s McCall's sewing pattern.

More vintage-inspired stuff can be found on some of my daywear pages.

Gee, I guess you can see where one of my main fashion interests lies! B)
OMG, I love the 1940's "pancake" hat that you made! :woot:

whimsyclosetop.jpg

Thank you! That hat was so fun to make. So completely whimsical and impractical. I am currently doing one for a bride, in white-and-silver brocade with three large rosettes of very sheer silver mesh in the back, pinning the veil down. The sections of the bridal one are bound in silver satin ribbon.

I shall post pictures of that one one of these days, as well.

ditto as long as it doesn't hark back to the 70's or 80's, vintage inspired is the way to go. this is a great season for such things, especially with the 20's and 50's being so big. I also have to say it's overwhelming this season for a vintage nut like myself to walk into the average high street shop and actually see things I like for a change. B)

that is an adorable hat, as you like it. :heart:

I made my self a vintage inspired dress a few dais ago with a big bow coming from the front and it leads to the back, that is up/front-down/back, also a jaket and a corset, the dress simular in the 50's style, the jacket a bit 60's-70's and the corset hmmm... don't know, it's green with a bow on the top. I'll try to take pictures of the clothes soon and post 'em :smile:

Originally posted by Fashionism@Apr 25th, 2004 - 2:20 pm
I'm lovin' it! :lol:  :wink: But, as scandinavianchic said, things would be so much better if I could sew. I guess that's what sisters are for though... 

A vintage-inspired dress of mine from Zara... I'd already posted it, but I think that it's more appropriate here.

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/index...=post&id=193827

I have that exact dress as well. And I love it. :heart: :wink:
me too!
in fact, i have the dress in silver and the top in white... i got them at the sale for 10€ each :wink:

I said I would take pictures of the dress I made, it took a long time but I did it!!! ;D

Attachments

• Kjoll5.jpg
    Kjoll5.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 68
  • Kjoll4.jpg
    Kjoll4.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 52

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member