Vintage Vanity Fair covers

mikel

Reaction score
After seeing a bunch of old and beautifull Vanity Fair covers from the eighties over at Fashist and hearing all those stories about how great the covers were in the 80s and early 90s, I thought it would be great to start a thread about it. So if you have scans/pictures from old covers post them! With the date and photographer (if you that info) and of course the source.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is one I really like from madonnalicious.com:
vfapr1991.jpg

It's from april 1991, unfortunately I don't know the photographer

Oh, I adore that one, taken from when she was at the Oscars. I always keep meaning to buy it off ebay...

^Thanks SusanSuperStar for the covers, I love the Goldie Hawn one.

And thanks Pedro for clearing that up, about the Madonna cover

This is a great thread thanks Mikel for opening it. :flower:
I love that cover with Madonna on! :heart:

June 1995,Courtney Love

source:moonwashedrose

^ Courtney by Herb Ritts

on post #5:

K.D.Lang & Cindy Crawford, Ed Norton by Herb Ritts
Madonna by Mario Testino
Goldie Hawn by Annie Leibovitz
Sandra Bullock by Peggy Sirota

^^Well i read that its from 1997 but its not!I blew the cover up and its from September,1999!So that dosent make it very vintage now does it :lol: hopefully mods will delete it! :flower:

^I still like it, Emil :flower: , it was before Victoria became a caricature of her self. Was this only the cover for the British version or also the American one?

Btw, I can't believe I missed this issue when it came out, back in those days (when I was just a mere 16 years old :blush:) I used to buy everything with any Spice Girls on it, because I was such a great Spice Girls fan

^ yes, this was the cover for the British version shot by Annie Leibovitz, US version had Carolyn Bessette by Bruce Weber

^^
Oh,thanks for that info:flower: i actually thought it was American.
Does Uk Vanity Fair still publish?:unsure: I never hear anything about it and i havent seen it in the newstands?

mikel said:
^I still like it, Emil :flower: , it was before Victoria became a caricature of her self. Was this only the cover for the British version or also the American one?

Btw, I can't believe I missed this issue when it came out, back in those days (when I was just a mere 16 years old :blush:) I used to buy everything with any Spice Girls on it, because I was such a great Spice Girls fan
Oh,ok good i just didnt want to ruin your thread so its cool to know.:flower: :heart:

Hahaha havent we all gotten so old.:lol:
OT:If i am not mistaken;i think i read that the dress Victoria is wearing on that cover was later worn by Gwyneth Paltrow when she won her Oscar.^_^

Thanks everyone for posting the covers!
Here are some more:

from magazine.org
2.jpg

A classic one of course, by Annie, august '91

and a hilarious one from jack-nicholson.info
vanity_fair_apr_1994.jpg

april 94, don't know who took... If he'd be on the cover today it would be with a naked woman of course

and this one is not exactly vintage but it is very striking. from img.timeinc.net
coversSingle.jpg

november 99, by Annie

Diane Keaton by Annie Leibovitz,February, 1985!

I love this cover. :wub:

diane.jpg

Credit:Ebay!

SYLVESTER STALLONE by Annie Leibovitz,November, 1993!

Glad to see that famous men stripped for VF aswell.^_^
say.jpg

Credit:Ebay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
christyshaw61
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->