US Vanity Fair September 2006 : Kate Moss by Mert & Marcus

peacelover142002

go red sox
Reaction score
from WWD:

CLOTHES CALL: Expect Vanity Fair to be almost as thick as Vogue — i.e., phone book size — come September. Fashion and style director Michael Roberts, who joined the magazine from The New Yorker in April, is collaborating with editor in chief Graydon Carter on a special Style issue for September, traditionally one of the biggest months of the year for fashion advertising.

"It will be about 50 percent style versus 50 percent regular Vanity Fair kinds of stories," said a spokeswoman for the magazine, who added that the issue "will include an expanded version of the Best Dressed list." She said the idea for a Style issue was conceived before Roberts arrived, but that he has been integral in its execution. "It's kind of the first stage in what Michael will be doing at the magazine," she said. "He and Graydon are trying to do something different, that no one else is doing."

Kate Moss evidently has been shot by photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott as a potential cover try, though a final decision on who will grace the issue apparently has not been made. (The spokeswoman declined to comment on the cover.)

Outtakes of Moss ran on the cover of Vanity Fair in December, with an accompanying write-around piece inside the magazine. It dealt with her alleged drug use, rehab and the surrounding media scandal. That issue sold fairly well for Vanity Fair, with just over 400,000 copies moving off of newsstands.

The September Style issue is likely to boost the title's fashion advertising pages — a big help to publisher Alan Katz. Through July, Vanity Fair is down nearly 15 percent for the year, to 841.7 pages, according to Media Industry Newsletter. This despite significant newsstand gains achieved by Carter over the past year and a half.
— Sara James and Jeff Bercovici

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG! Sounds awesome! Can't wait for this issue to come out! :woot: Thanks for the info peacelover!:flower:

^i'll buy a mag with her on the cover every single month :smile:
cant wait! finally the best-dressed list! yay yay yahoooooooooooooooo

ShoeGal4Eva said:
^i'll buy a mag with her on the cover every single month :smile:
cant wait! finally the best-dressed list! yay yay yahoooooooooooooooo
Me too and i agree i cant wait for best dressed list too:woot: and i really hope we will get someone to scan a Kate Moss editorial we almost never get scans from Vanity Fair!:(

^Kate is also on the cover of the new issue of POP as well as the cover of Vogue UK September...ay-yi-yi :ninja:

This VF issue sounds very promising, though :flower:

I wish Kate Moss would disappear from the earth. Then maybe someone would once and a while consider a different model for something. Face it, Kate Moss is not used as a model anymore, and calling her one is false. People are using her for her celebrity/scandal appeal. That's all.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with!!! Sounds awesome. Hopefully, it will come out in the next couple of weeks.

Callidora said:
I wish Kate Moss would disappear from the earth. Then maybe someone would once and a while consider a different model for something. Face it, Kate Moss is not used as a model anymore, and calling her one is false. People are using her for her celebrity/scandal appeal. That's all.

Totally agree. And does she really sell that many more magazines when she is on the cover? If anything, I buy a magazine despite it having her on the cover, not because she is on the cover.

Kate is not a model. She's a supermodel. Better than all the rest.

Mink said:
Kate is not a model. She's a supermodel. Better than all the rest.
Totally agree with you there is only one Kate Moss and i want her to stay for a couple of more years that she has left of her carrer and she is a model not a celeb and they use her because she knows how to wear clothes like no one else and celebrity status dosent hurt!!:D :P

Emil said:
Totally agree with you there is only one Kate Moss and i want her to stay for a couple of more years that she has left of her carrer and she is a model not a celeb and they use her because she knows how to wear clothes like no one else and celebrity status dosent hurt!!:D :P

exactly! kate is an icon.she's a brand in her ow,fashion god,wteva u may call her.she's the KATE MOSS.so cheers to that :flower: :D

Callidora said:

I totally agree :flower:

Callidora said:

She's not just a model, she's one of the greatest of all time, and as such she has her own special celebrity status, just like Linda. At 32 and 41 respectively, they're better than most of the younger ones. But now we do have some younger models who've been around for some time doing good work, and the number of fresh worthless faces who nab new campaigns has diminished (thank god) which should give some of the younger girls an oportunity to grow and become, if not supers, so perhaps iconic models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->