VMan #53 F/W 2024.24 : Charles Melton & Jonathan Bailey by Blair Getz Mezibov

Jonathan Bailey has a cover, which also sucks...

I don't find him particularly photogenic. And I wouldn't necessarily describe his rise as "meteoric...."

There are apparently 5 covers in total. Missed chance with Jonathan, could've chosen a much better picture. Still, these covers are much better than their last issue cover.

Melton’s cover is great! perfect for Summer!

So disappointed, Charles is very attractive visually speaking but these poses and angles don't favor him or his body or face for that matter. It's bad photography, he's way more handsome. What a letdown. Let's see the remaining covers... I won't keep my hopes up though lol.

It's all so bleh, why would anyone buy this?

I was going to say this exact same thing.
Who's the reader? Who buys this here?
I don't get the appeal of the covers nor the styling.
I remember VMan like back 20 years ago and THEN it was hot.
Now I open these threads just to see what's up.

I still buy it. Not crazy about these covers, but would probably choose Melton’s.

I buy it as well as it still has good editorials with good models even though sometimes their covers disappoint. Beside VMan, Man about Town (to some extent...), and Fantastic Man, there aren't really much in the men's fashion magazine area that deliver good editorials.

Arena Homme has gotten better than in previous recent years, but they need to edit quite a bit, I would rather have a good edited issue with 300-400 pages rather than the 700-800 pages they keep making (And are a headache to ship lol).

All of these guys are mid at best, and average at worst.
Melton's cover is probably the best of the bunch, but I wouldn't buy any of them.

Awful casting and styling. This magazine should not exist at this point.

I buy it as well as it still has good editorials with good models even though sometimes their covers disappoint. Beside VMan, Man about Town (to some extent...), and Fantastic Man, there aren't really much in the men's fashion magazine area that deliver good editorials.

Arena Homme has gotten better than in previous recent years, but they need to edit quite a bit, I would rather have a good edited issue with 300-400 pages rather than the 700-800 pages they keep making (And are a headache to ship lol).
Does MAT produce good editorials? (Genuine question) I have an issue from 2018 (i liked it) but then I bought one from 2020-2021 and got really, really dissapointed because they used the same photographer/stylist in almost the entire issue.

Another one that has good fashion content is the revival of Another Man. The problem now is the lack of written pieces compared to the shutdown from 2020 (maybe like 20 pages at the end of the magazine with no documents and culture sections anymore).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachowski
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->