Vogue Adria Summer 2024 : Novak Djokovic by Branislav Simoncik

Women are quickly being phased off the cover of Vogue. Sad. it was a novelty at first. Now it is monthly.

L'Uomo Vogue Esquire GQ :magic:

Surprised Anna approved that cover line.

I wonder if Anna had any say in this edition? So if it was too damn insignificant she didn't care
Novak is considered 'controversial' and a 'trouble maker' by those in power (if you read the news... you know what I am talking about)

I don't mind this, he is good looking here, its a focus fashion directional story and I can understand their message easily
Way better than Vogue Italia's Bad Bunny shoot

I don't like him but he's one of the best in the history of that sport.
I like the covers, it's MUCH BETTER than any Vogue right now in terms of styling visually speaking.
The green one feels fun and fresh for summer.
I love the editorial : the stylist should be rewarded for such fine taste (these days it's a word 90% of stylists and editors clearly lack of when working for Vogue / GQ or Bazaar for that matter).

So much outrage over a man on a Vogue cover. Women cover men's fashion magazines way more often than the other way around, and I rarely see outrage about that.

Anyway. He's the undisputed GOAT. Covers looks great.

Okay, where's the fashion?

Evidently not in this issue.

They lean heavily into sports this month. From written articles to editorials, it's sports, page after page, from various takes and angles. As someone who couldn't care less about any of it, I find myself flipping through page after page rather quicker than I'd have expected. But for anyone who might be interested, there's plenty to read. It's a decently sized issue, not unlike their previous issues, at about 220 pages. If nothing, it's a fine quality print product. Looks great from the outside.

I have to applaud them for not relying too much on reprints this month. Initially, I only noticed Teller's Westwood story and a brief article by Leibovitz. The rest, I believe, are originals. There are two sports-themed stories in a stark white studio setting, one fashion and one more detail oriented. I have a feeling that some of you might enjoy this, I didn't. The second story that focused more on accessories and details appealed more to me, visually. The accessories edit was also rather engaging to the eye, but nothing too extraordinary. There's a story by local talents, also depicting various sports in a playing field setting, that's not too bad but is entirely forgettable. And a sort of long, Weber-esque portfolio introducing a whole lot of local sports people from all fields, photographed by Koludrović (who shot the debut cover). It's nice. It's all rather nice and inoffensive, but I wouldn't rush to look at it again. 7/10 for sheer effort and exposure to local talents.

So much outrage over a man on a Vogue cover. Women cover men's fashion magazines way more often than the other way around, and I rarely see outrage about that.

Anyway. He's the undisputed GOAT. Covers looks great.

Outrage? It’s more annoyance, but okay. Women on men’s magazines are typically just there to be objectified by the men who buy the magazine. With men on women’s magazines like Vogue, that’s obviously not the case.

I love the cover, the editorial- all of it. He's so handsome, the images capture the grit where you need it and the clothes they picked accent him well as a star athlete. I love this.

I love the blue cover, the other two are too gimmicky. The cover and the editorial are very Vogue/Vanity Fair, classy, sporty but not too sporty, and have that vibe of a celeb veteran leisuring at home and enjoying the fruition of all the hard work.

I kinda forgive them for having a man on the cover, since it's Novak.
It's an alright issue, and the quality of the contents and texts seems better this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightSeeker1985
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->