Vogue Arabia March 2024 : The 7th Anniversary Issue by Greg Swales, Nima Benati & Amer Mohamed

crmsn

Reaction score

download.jpg
download-_3_ (1).jpgdownload-_5_.jpgdownload-_2_.jpg
download-_1_.jpgdownload-_4_.jpgdownload-_6_.jpg
Themed ‘Beauties of the World’, the edition aims to celebrate women of different ethnicities, body types, and ages — all with a strong connection to relevant social causes — while reminding us that beauty is not just a physical trait, but a quality that really shines from within. Meet Palestinian pop princess Elyanna, Somali-American model Halima Aden, Bollywood superstar Kareena Kapoor Khan, Lebanese actor Nadine Nassib Njeim, Italian diva Monica Bellucci, Canadian model Winnie Harlow, and Saudi author and diversity advocate Abrar Alothman.

Photographs by Greg Swales, Nima Benati, and Amer Mohamed
en.vogue.me

Only 7 years? It feels like it's been around for longer. Weird!!

oh my. um... ah... this ain't it.

this really ain't it. no.

If only they had gone for Halima's cover without that front shot. The background shot does actually look stunning. Same goes for the others, the closeup shots were enough, Winnie Harlow's nose on her bust just looks odd and the others with their lips on the lower part of the body look weird. Abrar's cover would have looked better with something with a more pink/pastel tone than the red which overwhelmed her and the angle which aged her. Gotta give it to them though to be daring enough to put different people on the cover in a part of the world where perfection is pursued at every cost. I mean they had this option for a cover yet chose the red.

image_provider

vogue Arabia

I had to look up who Abrar Al-Othman is, I see she has epidermolysis bullosa - same as a British fella, Jonny Kennedy, and if you ever have the chance to watch the 2004 Channel 4 documentary/video diary made with him, it's hard watching, but also well worth it. The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off. The sh*t that people have to go through in life, and how they manage to do it.

The first cover is cute. The rest, however...

Why do we need SEVEN different covers? I highly doubt anybody's like, "Oh, let me go buy all 7 Vogue Arabia editions with different covers to add to my collection!".

Admittedly, not the most exciting of Vogue Arabia covers but I do love the concept with the covers starring Monica Bellucci, Nadine Nassib Njeim, Kareena Kapoor Khan and Winnie Harlow. I just wish all of the covers shared this concept which would've helped everything feel more coherent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->