Vogue Australia December 2017 : Margot Robbie by Lachlan Bailey

AL92

Reaction score
dWY40Wpr_o.png

source: vogue.com.au​

hemEmoJE_o.jpg

source: vogue.com.au​

Last edited by a moderator:
Their best cover all year, Margot looks so gorgeous and cool. I like that it also fits the summer season in Australia.

Gorgeous. I love seeing a cover that will pop at the news stand.

What a let down! Bad face expression, ZERO energy, horrible styling, and even wrose setting, Sigh! Sometimes fashion people just have no idea what to do wtih Margot, which is a crime in my book since she is not only beautiful, but photogenic!

I must admit, this has to be their best cover for 2017. Imagine, this one!

The couch looks like it smells. The styling is horrible. Meh.

I don't mind the redneck-sofa-on-the-lawn set design that at least gives some semblance of a story, which seems all but missing these dull fashion days.

But are they really sticking with the timid cover layout that's placing that dreadful Vanity Fair 90s type front and centre, for every issue...????

Sooooo boring! I like the face but the styling and shoes are hideous !!! Where is the Vogue Australia we all used to love? Oh right it disappeared several months ago lol

I think it's kind of perfect. She deserves a cover. She looks like a model. And the Australian redneck vibe is fun.

I just find everything about her so generic and boring, like a prefabricated Hollywood Cool Girl.

I just find everything about her so generic and boring, like a prefabricated Hollywood Cool Girl.

Thank you! I’ve been saying this for so long. There’s been countless blondes just like her. I don’t know what makes her special?! With Charlize, I see it, a tall Amazonian ice queen. This girl though, just looks generic.

But are they really sticking with the timid cover layout that's placing that dreadful Vanity Fair 90s type front and centre, for every issue...????

They're not known to stick with new art direction for more than a year, so it should be interesting to see how long this one continues. I don't think I like it, personally.

The image doesn't do anything for me, but I think it works for their new direction. For some reason Lachlan always goes pseudo-grungey for VA. I prefer Margot's recent W cover to this one.
And for someone with so many covers, there are more misses than hits. She's great on screen, but bores in print. I never get that it-factor with her.

Why did they put her in those boots!? Why??? :cry: Other than that awful styling choice, the cover is very good.

I don't like the boots but love everything else about this cover. I love the lighting especially. Can't wait to see more.

I'm glad I'm not the only one not getting her appeal. Anyway, this is a very nice cover of Vogue Australia.

don't know what's happening with those boots but the cover is cool! love her and she looks great !

Thank you! I’ve been saying this for so long. There’s been countless blondes just like her. I don’t know what makes her special?! With Charlize, I see it, a tall Amazonian ice queen. This girl though, just looks generic.

For me she is the quintessential fun Queensland girl who Aussies can actually relate to, unlike previous golden girls such as Nicole Kidman etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virgils00
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->